Is This Product Still Supported? And Some Issues.

Hi, I'm using this product on my secondary PC for a while. But for the last nine months I see no product updates (Not Virus Definition Update). What I'm saying is, if it's still safe to use this product while you might have dropped updating this product.

By the way I'm facing some issues with this product. Hope you will fix these:

1. If I scan a flash drive and it detects a virus it always asks to reboot the pc. No other product does this as the virus is not running in the memory.

2. There is no option to manually update the virus definition. It's ok but it is disturbing when my network connection is causing problems.

3. It is using too much memory. It uses more than 200mb of memory at times when I'm not doing anything. I reinstalled several times but it happens everytime.

Comments

• 3. It is using too much memory. It uses more than 200mb of memory at times when I'm not doing anything. I reinstalled several times but it happens everytime.

What process is this?

2. There is no option to manually update the virus definition. It's ok but it is disturbing when my network connection is causing problems.

Updates happen frequent. Someone said at least every hour. What is you version if I may ask? 1.gif

• When it uses that much memory, it is in an update cycle. It only lasts a short time and then drops back to 9-12 mb. I have seen it myself and it's usually followed by a log entry that the signatures have been updated.

• Shahriar244
    edited July 2014
    What process is this?

Updates happen frequent. Someone said at least every hour. What is you version if I may ask? 1.gif

GZISERV is the process.

Yeah,,,you are right,,, but it should have been better if we could manually update the definitions....

• When it uses that much memory, it is in an update cycle. It only lasts a short time and then drops back to 9-12 mb. I have seen it myself and it's usually followed by a log entry that the signatures have been updated.

Yeah,,, that might be true.... but it also happens when I'm not connected to the internet, so it's not updating at that time.

• Does anyone know if this product is still supported? I haven't seen any updates for the last 9 months...

• Yeah,,, that might be true.... but it also happens when I'm not connected to the internet, so it's not updating at that time.
    It might be trying to connect to do an update but is not able to so the higher memory use period lasts longer.
  • Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know if this product is still supported? I haven't seen any updates for the last 9 months...

It is obviously free. I don't think it is high on the list of Bitdefender development efforts. Now that BD 2015 has been released we may see an updaet to BD AV Free sometime before the end of the year.

You really can't compare it to other Free AV products since almost all of them have a bunch of user controllable features BD AV Free is basically an install it and forget it AV product. I used it on my W7-SP1 computer for about a year than switched to BDIS 2014. After BDIS 2015 came out I had a bunch of problems with it so switched back to BD AV Free and added a free firewall product to my W7-SP1. Everything is running great. A lot better than when I had BDIS on my W7-SP1 computer. I was able to find free substitute apps for all the features in BDIS 2015 that are not in BD AV Free. In the end I feel my W7-SP1 is just as secure as it was with BDIS and the resouce total utilization is a lot less.

I do use BD W8 Security on my W8.1 updated computers and love it. Been using it for about 18 months on my W8.x computers Best AV product I have ever used and rarely is updated. Why fix it if it ain't broken? Though some do have problems with BD W8 Security and BD AV Free I have rarely had any issues. They both just keep rolling along. :)