[integrated in build 18.14] Paranoid Mode

2»

Comments

• Hi all,

Good news.

Due to the many requests received from our customers, we are reimplementing Paranoid Mode in Bitdefender 2015. We don't have an ETA build version yet.

Thank you for your patience.

network activity? ....

• preguntonontrack
    edited July 2014

Georgia, what about Network Traffic Monitor and Network Activity in the security widget? I loved both, system activity and network activity could be viewed from the widget without entering in BDs menu.

Al thought is great to hear paranoid mode will be back, i loved to be asked for every process trying to get access to the internet.

• Hi all,

Good news.

Due to the many requests received from our customers, we are reimplementing Paranoid Mode in Bitdefender 2015. We don't have an ETA build version yet.

Thank you that is very nice but i would like also to solve this important problem, with os. 64 bit

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54904

the IDS never work on 64 bit version at all levels

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    Hi all,

Good news.

thank you Georgia.....but what about network activity and network traffic monitor ??

why you closed this topic then---> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54628 ??

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am sorry to inform you that these features will not be reintegrated in Bitdefender 2015. Only Paranoid Mode.

• ChristianC
    edited July 2014

Hello,

If you want to monitor your Internet connections, you can use TCPView: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx

If this function is no longer in Bitdefender, it is not dramatic.

• Hello,

If you want to monitor your Internet connections, you can use TCPView: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx

If this function is no longer in Bitdefender, it is not dramatic.

Does it work with Win 7 64bit?

• Does it work with Win 7 64bit?

Yes, TCPView works with 7 64bit.

• Mahdi
    edited July 2014
    Hi all,

Good news.

Thank you very much, but only one other request :

Please Other options Put in the Paranoid Mode = Remember This Action [For Any action = "Allow" or "Block"]

Because Paranoid Mode Do not ask repetitive questions

Special Thanks

• am so happy because of this news and very thankful . when is paranoid mode is available?

• Hello,

I am sorry to inform you that these features will not be reintegrated in Bitdefender 2015. Only Paranoid Mode.

How come? I think we should not depend on third party software when we pay for "Total Security" Software. It was available in the 2014 version, why you guys went an step backwards? I think paranoid mode is a great feature and also it is a great feature to monitor all your process internet traffic from BD and general internet traffic on the widget. Why remove it?

Thank god my bitdefender subscription is up in 2 months, if these 3 features are not added again ill just get another security software that meets my needs. Ill stay with BD 2014 until is up.

• mual7
    edited August 2014
    How come? I think we should not depend on third party software when we pay for "Total Security" Software. It was available in the 2014 version, why you guys went an step backwards? I think paranoid mode is a great feature and also it is a great feature to monitor all your process internet traffic from BD and general internet traffic on the widget. Why remove it?

+1

• I think the wrong decision, having removed the paranoid mode, network discovery and control traffics in, in my case, BIS.

That's why it is not understood to incorporate the BIS functions optimization (defrag, registry cleaning, etc.., Etc.. Etc.) That correspond more to the version Bitdefender Total Security, and eliminated the options are absolutely security (BIS last order) and firewall services mentioned.

I have no doubt that was an unfortunate decision, and hopefully will be corrected, in full, for the sake of the product as soon as possible.

Regards

• Hello,

Paranoid mode it's for Paranoid people. Many people who want it are probably not able to use it properly.

But they believe that their PS will be better protected.

• they are alrdy add? What is build number?

• Read PC and not PS in my previous message.

• they are alrdy add? What is build number?

Not released yet - it will be announced here when it arrives. :)

• Hello,

Paranoid mode it's for Paranoid people. Many people who want it are probably not able to use it properly.

But they believe that their PS will be better protected.

Quite patronising nonsense. Feel free to put yourself in the above group.

• Thanks. Prayers have been answered. :) Kudos to support for hearing out users requests here. 1.gif

• I think the wrong decision, having removed the paranoid mode, network discovery and control traffics in, in my case, BIS.

That's why it is not understood to incorporate the BIS functions optimization (defrag, registry cleaning, etc.., Etc.. Etc.) That correspond more to the version Bitdefender Total Security, and eliminated the options are absolutely security (BIS last order) and firewall services mentioned.

I have no doubt that was an unfortunate decision, and hopefully will be corrected, in full, for the sake of the product as soon as possible.

Regards

+1

network discovery and control traffics should be available as well

• ChristianC
    edited August 2014

Hello,

Sb.750,

I repeat if you do not understand:

But they believe that their PC will be better protected.

I say this because it's my experience with a lot of people. I know what I say.

But if you like paranoid mode, you can play with it. You do what you want with your PC.

Have a good day.

• Hello,

Sb.750,

I repeat if you do not understand:

But they believe that their PC will be better protected.

I say this because it's my experience with a lot of people. I know what I say.

But if you like paranoid mode, you can play with it. You do what you want with your PC.

Have a good day.

re integrating paranoid mode not mean that it will be difficult for you because at the default it will be off

we can turn it on if we like

wish you understand

i wish you see this topic

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=55138

• I never said I have difficult to use the Paranoid mode. No difficult for me.

You have not understood what I wrote. So I note again my two sentences.: Many people who want it are probably not able to use it properly.

But they believe that their PC will be better protected..

Bitdefender can integrate this paranoid mode again. No matter to me.

I do not need this mode to secure my PC.

I use PC for 30 years and linked to the Internet for 20 years. Never one of my PC has been infected.

You have not understood what I wrote. So I note again my two sentences.: Many people who want it are probably not able to use it properly.

I use PC for 30 years and linked to the Internet for 20 years. Never one of my PC has been infected.

ok i understand

any way it must be included as a turn off function and we can turn on because it is important to a lot of users like me

• I agree.

• Just poking through here to add a bit more to this:

It is a matter of both control and security, and Paranoid mode was rather a carpenter's hammer for a watchmaker in terms of that, far too rough and unwieldy for most jobs, but it was the only thing left that may in any way do the job since BD 2012 (why I'm still at 2011... which is a big problem - Off-topic: Does Comodo Firewall work normally with BD 2014 or 2015 (without BD's firewall, obviously)? Know it was fishy with 2012 but no idea about later?).

Point is that, no matter what other functions exist, an user should be able to see when a program that they didn't already establish a rule for attempts a connection, get some information about said connection and have the option to block it, and to determine whether that answer should become a rule or apply only to that attempt. That's the most basic, defining function of any sort of firewall. Advanced security software should have a lot of other functions on top of that, including offering recommendations, analyzing what the user does allow to connect and, depending on settings, preventing those programs from doing damage as well, and of course the option (likely by default, but only if these defaults can be changed during installation, so it'll never run under them if not desired) to make these decisions on its own and never ask if "intelligent" enough to be trusted with that. But all of these, as I said, can only exist on top of that basic function, never instead of it.

Same goes for activity and traffic monitoring. It allows the user to see what goes on on their computer and also to identify any potential threats that the security software may have missed. Crucial when you think there may be something fishy going on, and handy even when that's not the case.

But everything goes on the altar of the holy Lowest Common Denominator, God of Dumbing Down, which most software developers bow to in recent years more times per day than devout Muslims pray. Just see where Windows is going. Or Kaspersky too as of last year (and saw some poor reviews of the efficiency of this year's version, so they seem to have lost something somewhere on the way). Seriously wondering where to look for things that still cater to advanced users who know just what should be happening on their computers and work with them to make sure it actually does.

And just linking again to the feature request list I posted again last month.

• I've made a new Thread in the german area, because I wonder, where is my Paranoidmode. But now I found this Thread and I'd like to say:

I wish my Paranoidmode back.

I've never used Paranoid Mode to prevent infections, instead I have used it to prevent installed softwares and services on my PC to access the internet without my approval. We are not all advanced PC users and we liked an option like this included in the Firewall because it makes us feeling safer and I guess safety is what Bitdefender intend to create in the virtual world. I really love Bitdefender and I have used it since 2005, but I must say with regrets that if Paranoid Mode or other option like this (for the Firewall section) will not be integrated in the future products I will try to find an alternative to Bitdefender.

PS: If your PC's were never infected in the last 20 years, then maybe you had used MAC or Linux :rolleyes: because if you had used Windows your computer was infected and you never knew it :D, at least one time in 20 years.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014

Hello everyone,

With the latest build version 18.14.0.1088 of Bitdefender 2015 also comes Paranoid Mode. To access this feature open Bitdefender and access the upper right menu -> go to General Settings. The last button in the menu will be Paranoid mode. You can enable it from here.

Thank you all for your constant feedback and helping to improve the product. :)

This discussion has been closed.