Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Create And Craft Tv Stream

Options

My wife likes to watch Create and Craft TV

http://www.createandcraft.tv/showgridview....?showId=2459596

where it streams live TV

Couldn't connect to this stream after spending hours trying everything I narrowed it down to Bitdefender - if you turn Bitdefender Virus shield and auto scan off after a few seconds it connects - bafling bit though it works with Bitdefender on using one of our laprops

Any ideas would be welcome

thanks

Paul

Comments

• darge
    Options

Hi. This is just a hunch but how about if you disable "'Scan HTTP traffic"? Can you try that and see if it makes a difference? You may need to reopen your browser first. 1.gif

• Hi. This is just a hunch but how about if you disable "'Scan HTTP traffic"? Can you try that and see if it makes a difference? You may need to reopen your browser first. 1.gif

Hi

Thanks for the reply I can't see any settings where I could disable "'Scan HTTP traffic" where would I look for this ?

Thanks

Paul

• Hi

Thanks for the reply I can't see any settings where I could disable "'Scan HTTP traffic" where would I look for this ?

Thanks

Paul

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.21.1099 does not make such controls available for users.

I confirmed your problem. It worries me to think I may be missing something from a webpage for using Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. A free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs confirmed the Create and Craft TV site is clean. The report shows the result of several scanners, including Bitdefender, stating the site is clean. However, my own examination indicated the blocked component, i.e., the video stream, comes from or uses the site player.simplestream.com. I used the same service as before to analyze this other website. On this second analysis only Bitdefender reports a malware site, other scanners report a safe site. I submitted the site to Bitdefender as a false positive and hopefully that would clear the issue. If this issue is not cleared by the time you read this, you may simply navigate to player.simplestream.com and accept the risk of entering to the site prior to going watching Create and Craft TV (do not close the browser between those actions).

• Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.21.1099 does not make such controls available for users.

I confirmed your problem. It worries me to think I may be missing something from a webpage for using Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. A free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs confirmed the Create and Craft TV site is clean. The report shows the result of several scanners, including Bitdefender, stating the site is clean. However, my own examination indicated the blocked component, i.e., the video stream, comes from or uses the site player.simplestream.com. I used the same service as before to analyze this other website. On this second analysis only Bitdefender reports a malware site, other scanners report a safe site. I submitted the site to Bitdefender as a false positive and hopefully that would clear the issue. If this issue is not cleared by the time you read this, you may simply navigate to player.simplestream.com and accept the risk of entering to the site prior to going watching Create and Craft TV (do not close the browser between those actions).

Many thanks Graciliano for your help - tried the site today and hey it works - great work I bow to your knowledge and skills Sir :) )

• Many thanks Graciliano for your help - tried the site today and hey it works - great work I bow to your knowledge and skills Sir :) )

It's my pleasure to help, but the credit is to Bitdefender Customer Care Team, who promptly fixed the problem (I thanked them already).

--graciliano