Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Windows Networking

Options

I have a problem with bit defender blocking/ slowing down windows networking connections between 2 computers running bit defender Total Security 2015

Laptop A has network share that is being accessed from PC B. This is definitely a bit defender issue as when I disable the firewall on Laptop A then the share works perfectly. Enabled it only works intermittently or with very low transfer rate (few k/sec). For example when playing an MP3 it stutters like crazy.

I have tried:-

Uninstall & re-install of latest version.

Clean uninstall and re-install of latest version.

Various rule settings as suggested in other threads.

- open Bitdefender program > Protection > click on Firewall > make sure the Firewall is turned ON.

- go to the Adapters tab > at "Network Type" select "Home/Office" > at "Stealth Mode" select "Off" > at "Generic" select "On".

- restart the computer and check the situation.

Adding both IP addresses into Network Exceptions.

I get no errors or warnings in the log.

Comments

• darge
    Options

Hi Jonny, can you try these steps and hopefully this get will get it done. It's for BD 2014 but I think the steps will be the same or close. 1.gif

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/i-canno...twork-1098.html

• As noted in the original post I have added the IP addresses to network exceptions already, been back through the configuration to be sure and the IP address of Machine B is already in Machine A's configuration and IP address of Machine A is in Machine B's defender configuration. It just ignores this. Nothing else is blocking the configuration as this works fine when bitdefender firewall is disabled.

• One the same day I posted the issue here I created an ticket with support (2014081209180001).

They went through the usual ****** asking me to try all the things I detailed that I had already tried in the ticket. I tried them, nothing fixed the issue apart from disabling firewall, so it is clearly an issue with the firewall blocking windows networking.

I provided detail system diagnostic logs, then they started asking me to try all the tests again and was asked to provide the diagnostic logs again (did you lose them?).

From the other issues I see posted on these forums I am not the only one experiencing this issue with blocking or complete slow down of network connections due to the firewall.

One would at least expect there to be a debug mode that details what is blocking the connection so it can be traced and resolved.

For the last 2 weeks they have ignored my mailings about an update on the ticket and a response on what they will do to fix this broken firewall.

This is a disgraceful way to treat a paying customer when asking for support on something that is clearly broken in the product.

My advice - DO NOT BUY BIT DEFENDER. The firewall is broken and support do not help or resolve issues, they treat you like a complete ###### and do not even bother to read the information you provide just cut and past standard responses/ requests.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for letting us know.

My colleagues will contact you today via the ticket ID 2014081209180001. Rest assured we will help you with this.

• Georgia
    Options

@ jonnyd

We have received your confirmation via email that the issue was solved through automatic update of Bitdefender.