License Expired

after 5 Feb update my license expired but it should be still working for at least six months so i put a new one in and guess what the new one expired too

when i buy something i expect it will work but it doesn't so now i'm not protected and without two licenses can you help please

Comments

• Dear proxima,

The only thing that you can do is contactling customer care. You can contact them here. Select customer care.

Best regards

Niels

• after 5 Feb update my license expired but it should be still working for at least six months so i put a new one in and guess what the new one expired too

when i buy something i expect it will work but it doesn't so now i'm not protected and without two licenses can you help please

I have the same problem. Icon on the desktop shows "license has expired" but I have over 6 months left on license.??? If I start up BitD manually I can update normally and I think the program is running.

• ok you need registration but i don't want to register

anyway i write to Bitdefender in my country, i don't know if they did something or not (they didn't replay )but today started to work(i didn't do anything, BD started to work by itself ) and the license will expire in 730 days, so everything ok for now

well thx for replay, take care

• Hello proxima,

You don't need to register to get help from LiveAssistance.

BitDefender MyAccount is only needed for e-mail or phone support.

Cris.

• thx i didn't know that, well now it's everything ok

but i just notice in device manager under non p'n'p devices profos has yellow ! , could be that responsible for license problem and is that something critical and need to be repaired ?

how do i disable account reminder?

• Niels
    Niels
    edited February 2008

Dear proxima,

Right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock press on open advanced settings,press on advanced,uncheck show pop-up's press on ok.That is not normal I recommend that you try this right click on profos choose disable. Now right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock press exit now put in your installation cd-rom or double click on the installer package that you have downloaded and choose for repair.

Best regards

Niels

• thank you

now everything looks ok, no yellow !

• Dear proxima,

Glad that I could help you.

Best regards

Niels

• oh here we go again

After repair everything looked ok, except license-from 730 to 360 days, but then the profos yellow mark came back, i notice that after restart mark disappear, but reappear after the scannig, i decided to leave as it is , but today the real-time protection stopped working, in the settings was enabled but there was a red cross in activity bar and in the statistics- no files

i tried to restart the BD services but communicator didn't respond

i did a second repair real-time protection is working for now, but profos and communicator restart still the same so what next

here is another problem firewall i can't download files port 445,137-9 are blocked is that the reason

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1488" data-fileid="1488" rel="">fwall.txt

• NO, I thought I also had problem fixed.

To recap: The BitD icon in the desktop (lower right address bar) was not there like it normally was, as I start it automatically on reboot. When I put the cursor over the space that it should be, a msg pops up stating "bd license has expired". I was told by BitD to assure that I had registered correctly (which I had), so had to delete BitD then uninstall all parts of it, then reinstall BitD and register it again.

I did all this and used the disk that BitD sent me (DATE on Disk: Nov 9th, 2007). Installed all the new updates as well. Everything worked good for a week.

Now we are back to same problem. "Your BitD license has expired". Same as before the program will download updates, seems like it is working, and my acct shows 268 days left.

Please fix this

• gwchua
    edited February 2008

I have the same problem with you. My bitdefender internet security suite 2008 expired even I still have 596 days (indicate in my account). The whole problem started when it's do a updated yesterday and prompt me a reboot and that it - Your Bitdefender has expired!. I have informed the supporting staff and waiting for reply. May be you should inform the supporting staff.

• I have the same problem with you. My bitdefender internet security suite 2008 expired even I still have 596 days (indicate in my account). The whole problem started when it's do a updated yesterday and prompt me a reboot and that it - Your Bitdefender has expired!. I have informed the supporting staff and waiting for reply. May be you should inform the supporting staff.

I did inform the BitD staff. They are the ones that told me to make sure it's registered, then delete and reinstall the program. A big pain, all that did is get it to only work for a few days, now back to same problem.

• I did inform the BitD staff. They are the ones that told me to make sure it's registered, then delete and reinstall the program. A big pain, all that did is get it to only work for a few days, now back to same problem.

Yes the support staff told me to register properly - what an answer. From a IT-savvy point of view, I think it is their authentication problem. My account with bitdefender shown that my products have not expired! I am sure there are more about this case coming. If they are not going to resolve properly, it will be bad for them. I have 2 cases with this problem already. I am planning to go for trend micro with all my PCs in my company. I hope they can come up with something to solve it.

gwchua

• TheHeartSmasher
    edited February 2008

Trend's ok, but it won't catch what bitdefender catches.

Plus some of the problems you will encounter with trend with their licensing will not be resolved unless you have a good restore point, as their firewall and real-time protection like to disable themselves and use up a pretty large amount of resources when scanning.

When I had this problem (migrating from trial to full) I completely uninstalled Bitdefender using their tool, deleted all temporary files, deleted any remaining bitdefender folders. Then restarted my computer, reinstalled and everything worked correctly.

I would highly recommend registering your software, it is normal for free and paid products to require registration or they stop working, bitdefender is nice too not require registration, but not registering could be causing the problem.

All your doing is signing in with your bitdefender account, which you need to purchase the software to begin with :) just requiring a serial number is a great thing for pirates, but requiring logging in to register is not a good thing for them. I am surprised they don't deactivate the product after 72 hours without registration.

• Did anyone get a fix to this "license expired" issue??

I have sent support a separate email (no fix yet).

Since there are multiple people with the same issue, it seems that BitD would address it here.

• Did anyone get a fix to this "license expired" issue??

I have sent support a separate email (no fix yet).

Since there are multiple people with the same issue, it seems that BitD would address it here.

With a series of emails, the problem still not solve. I am waiting for a reply from them since my last reply to them 4 days ago. As I said earlier, I have 2 cases of this problem but other installation are fine. I hope that they will solve this problem or else I will kick out all the Bitdefender installations in my office.

gwchua

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited February 2008

G’Day Folks, - License Expire issue

Might I suggest that you try to re-register the Key you purchased by a fresh registration.

To do this, open BitDefender (right mouse click on the BD TSR icon red ball on the right side of the Start Bar) and click (left mouse button) on “Show”

Then at the top, click on “Register” -> when this registration window “Registration Wizard – Step 1 of 3” is displayed, select the “Register the Product” option and re-enter the Key you purchased and were supplied with. There is no need to activate caps lock as the interface has this active, just start typing the key in the parameter box.

Then click OK and in the next screen, click the cancel button if you do not want to register.

This has solved the Key issue for us several time.

The common mistake entering the key numbers and alpha characters is the 0 –v- O (Zero –v- Oscar (Oh) Oscar = Phonetic Alphabet)

If this does not fix it, request a new Key !!!

pcbugfixer :ph34r:

• G’Day Folks, - License Expire issue

.../...

The common mistake entering the key numbers and alpha characters is the 0 –v- O (Zero –v- Oscar (Oh) Oscar = Phonetic Alphabet)

.../...

pcbugfixer :ph34r:

I have told BitDdefender about this ... ages ago !!!

I suggested not to use anymore neither zero neither letter O , but it seeems they are sticking to this.

There must be a reason for it.

Either it is stupidity.... or because some validation check requires those charachters to be used in the key.

Anyway I see that today this problem remains a cause of problems.

The "Experired License" problem is also an ever on going bug as well , which is especially made to keep user's frustations alive.

If you buy a NEW license key, here is my advice :

Once you have received the key and the download link from Element5, you can download your copy, but don't install BitDefender with it. Keep it somewhere safe, but only as a spare "rescue"installation file.

If you are already using BitDefender, please first download the Removal Tool.

Now proceed as follows :

1. Download the latest trial version from the website to a new safe separarate location on your PC or external media. KEEP THIS downloaded file, just for now. Don't proceed to installation yet !

2. Disconnect from Internet. Now you must work off-line for point 3.

3. Uninstall whatever AV software you are using. If you are using BitDefender, uninstall it.

Remove anything left behind from previous installations. (look in folders and in Registry)

- You might want to this with the Removal Tool , but do NOT trust "Removal Tool".

It does NOT remove ALL of the crap left.

- Check for all known filenames and services related to BitDefender.

- Take some time to clean everything with great accuracy also in the registry.

- Of course DO NOT erase the downloaded file in point 1, neither the downloaded file from Element5.

4. Reconnect your PC to Internet and immediately install the latest downloaded trial version (point 1)

It will work 30 days perfectly for free, providing you deny each invitation to register.

5. Just before the expiration date or even on the date itself, it is still time to register with your new license key. You will have the benefit of 30 days more.

• My first case I have done my registration (about 6 months) and it is fine until recently the software do a update and prompt to reboot then " Your Bitdefender has expired". I have check my Bitdefender account I still have 597 Days. So I do a re installation and registered with the same license - same problem "Your Bitdefender has expired". The message is " Your Bitdefender has expired " not " A invalid license key", so I must have registered with the correct key.

My second case (on a difference PC) a new license key ( bought bitdefender for 2 pcs for 2 years). I've done all the installation with the software and registered, so far so good and I check my bitdefender account have 730 days (that mean I have done the registration PROPERLY). The next Day, I turn on the PC this is the message - "Your bitdefender has expired".

Both cases are from the same box which I got it 6 months ago. The strange thing is that in my Bitdefender account show they are the valid keys ( 597 days and 730 days). I have since tried to download from their site the new software, same problem even though I have done a proper un installation and re installation.

gwchua

Still waiting for the reply mail from bitdefender support staff.

• after 5 Feb update my license expired but it should be still working for at least six months so i put a new one in and guess what the new one expired too

Yes that's what's happening when use Illegal license.Why don't you give your purchase details to bitdefender to help you,a? You didn't purchase it.

• Yes that's what's happening when use Illegal license.Why don't you give your purchase details to bitdefender to help you,a? You didn't purchase it.

Well I purchased the "New and Improved" 2008 version as did others on this thread, and have had nothing but problems. I HAVE sent details to BitD and to their credit they tried to help but I still have problems and have NOT heard back from them. Some days it works, some days it says "License Expried", and I now get a note that says "1 issue requires attention", but when I go to check on it, all four green checks in boxes. Not to mention all the other compatability issues on this board.

Last year I suggested others get BitD for their computers. I would NOT do so again until problems are fixed.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Kaspersky or Trend Micro???

• Dear 94pete,

Please check your system date and time. That can also cause the license expired message.

Did you first uninstalled your previous security solution?

Best regards

Niels

• Dear 94pete,

Please check your system date and time. That can also cause the license expired message.

Did you first uninstalled your previous security solution?

Best regards

Niels

System date and time is correct.

I uninstalled and reinstalled per BitD directions 2 or 3 times already.

Now the desktop icon is gray half the time with the msg "license expired" and it is red the other half of the time with the msg "1 issue requires your attention" BUT all sections show Green checks.

I have been talking to support, but so far they have no solutions.

• Hi! Everyone...

According to the announcement from BitDefender Thailand Website,

Below are the step which fixes "License Key Expired before the date"

1. Turn BitDefender off

2. Download Patch from : www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/BD20060814.exe

3. Run file

4. Start BitDefender

5. Run Update

I hope this will help one who's trying to solve this problem. Good Luck

Best Regards,

Jak

• Hi,

They gave me 2 new licenses and everything is ok (since no problem for more than a week). But I need to completely reinstalled the OS to use the new key or else same problem(even I did a un install the old one). I hope this will give a vital info to the support staff for future same problem.

The issue was a bit late to solve but they had done it. Well, I have to say "thanks to them".

gwchua

Now I am protected!