Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Autopilot Causes Sound Problems In Vlc

Options

Hi,

I recently discovered that when I use autopilot mode, it causes severe sound problems whenever I play video files (MP4 and MKV) that contain AC3 audio in VLC. More precisely, it'll play fine until I pause playback or skip to another position, whereupon it starts to crackle. I tried several builds of VLC (and changing options in BTS2015), but the problem persists.

Interestingly, it doesn't happen when I switch to film mode manually before starting VLC, so it must be related to autopilot mode itself!

Playing the same files in other players while autopilot mode is enabled works fine, too.

Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

Bitdefender Total Security 2015

VLC Media Player: 2.1.5 (latest)

Comments

• darge
    Options

Does this happen if you turn of real time scan? If yes, you might want to add VLC on the exception list of programs. 1.gif

• MarcG
    Options

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately the problems persists.

Did some more testing, and I'm positive now that it is the autopilot's monitoring process itself that causes the issues.

• i also have the same problem. it is really annoying.

sometimes it stops when i pause/play/pause/play.

it is definately the autopilot since it works fine without it.

this problem occurs 80% percent of the time.

is anyone at bitdefender adressing this issue. i'm a paying customer not a freeLOADER. :)