Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anyway To Log In With Out Ie?

Options

Hi guys,

I've installed BD on a friends computer, but they have IE disabled and do not want me to install it (or enable it if you will), is there anyway I can login without it?

They are using Chrome and Firefox (and Palemoon) but they absolutely do not want to use IE and there is nothing I can do to persuade them into allowing me to use it for this, should I look for another AV program?

Thanks.

Comments

• From the User's Guide included with the installation of Bitdefender® Antivirus Free Edition:

2.1.1. Minimum system requirements

• 1 GHz processor
    • 512 MB of RAM
    • 700 MB available free hard disk space
    • Internet Explorer 7.0
    • .NET Framework 3 (also available in the installer kit)

I have found no problem logging into MyBitdefender with any web browser. I definitively prefer Firefox (Aurora!) and I avoid Internet Explorer. However, I keep Internet Explorer as (if) it is part of Windows (distribution). I have never installed Chrome for the same reason I avoid Internet Explorer. However, I sometimes use a variant of Chrome.

• antikythera
    Options

Chrome works fine. Bitdefender's Safe Money Browser is based on Chrome/Chromium FYI

• dch48
    Options

So much FUD and garbage being spread about IE. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and the newer versions are just as safe as any other browser.

• darge
    Options

In addition, I think if you use Chrome for an IE based website like BD, CRM, etc., it will still rely on configuration on IE. So, I would would say that you're using Chrome but it is based on IE settings. 1.gif

• After finally convincing my friends to let me try running IE on their computer, I tried to login via the bit defender application only to get an error saying that Java needed to be enabled.

I went over all settings, uninstalled then re-installed java, checked the settings again, and tried enabling it through command prompt and the problem still persists.

The my.bitdefender site partially works on IE, you can see the input boxes, but all text are missing.

The site works on all other browsers.

At this point I have no idea what to do.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

• After finally convincing my friends to let me try running IE on their computer, I tried to login via the bit defender application only to get an error saying that Java needed to be enabled.

I went over all settings, uninstalled then re-installed java, checked the settings again, and tried enabling it through command prompt and the problem still persists.

The my.bitdefender site partially works on IE, you can see the input boxes, but all text are missing.

The site works on all other browsers.

At this point I have no idea what to do.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

I removed Java a while ago from my system (Windows 8) and I have not encountered any such problems.* Anyway, I do not think it is important at all that My Bitdefender is accessed with any particular browser.

I tested if Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition really requires Internet Explorer in my system. For this test: I opened Control Panel, Programs and Features, and there I went to Turn Windows features on or off. I unchecked Internet Explorer 10, pressed OK, accepted a warning, waited, and rebooted to a system without Internet Explorer. I have found no problems yet with Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition:

• Quick Scans cycles have been reported.
    • A few updates have been reported.
    • I logged out and back in to My Bitdefender from Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition .
    • I was blocked from downloading the test file from EICAR.org.
    • I verified that even if I downloaded the test file from EICAR.org it would be detected and quarantined.
    Now I am unclear about the requirement for Internet Explorer. It appears to me it is not needed at all! After all, it is not listed as a requirement in the web page but only in the old (and slightly outdated!) User's Guide. However, maybe some remnants of Internet Explorer were left in my system.

--graciliano

P.S. My system seems to run a bit faster without Internet Explorer, however I will probably put it back in case I need it for some unexpected reason.

*I will probably reinstall Java eventually because it is needed for some parts of LibreOffice.

• I removed Java a while ago from my system (Windows 8) and I have not encountered any such problems.* Anyway, I do not think it is important at all that My Bitdefender is accessed with any particular browser.

I tested if Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition really requires Internet Explorer in my system. For this test: I opened Control Panel, Programs and Features, and there I went to Turn Windows features on or off. I unchecked Internet Explorer 10, pressed OK, accepted a warning, waited, and rebooted to a system without Internet Explorer. I have found no problems yet with Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition:

• Quick Scans cycles have been reported.
    • A few updates have been reported.
    • I logged out and back in to My Bitdefender from Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition .
    • I was blocked from downloading the test file from EICAR.org.
    • I verified that even if I downloaded the test file from EICAR.org it would be detected and quarantined.
    Now I am unclear about the requirement for Internet Explorer. It appears to me it is not needed at all! After all, it is not listed as a requirement in the web page but only in the old (and slightly outdated!) User's Guide. However, maybe some remnants of Internet Explorer were left in my system.

--graciliano

P.S. My system seems to run a bit faster without Internet Explorer, however I will probably put it back in case I need it for some unexpected reason.

*I will probably reinstall Java eventually because it is needed for some parts of LibreOffice.

Awesome, thanks so much for testing it out, I really appreciate it!!

This whole thing was very weird to me since I've never encountered it before with my own systems, but I guess it really isn't that big of an issue anyway according to your testing.

Thanks again!