Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Just Installed It, It Appears To Do Nothing

Options

Just installed Bitdefender Free Version, on Win 7 64-bit.

1. I wanted to get it to do a deep scan of the computer and cannot find where to do that.

2. I tried to get it to scan two files and it did not appear to do anything or tell me whether it had done that or not. When looking at the On Demand Scanner log it tells me,

An On Demand scan has completed.

The scan took: 00:00:00

Files scanned: 0

Infected items detected: 0

Files known to be clean: 0

Scan Paths

Path Status

C:\Users\a\Desktop\Carla Speed McNeil - Finder V1-8.part2.rar completed

C:\Users\a\Desktop\install_debug.zip completed

Scan Results

No infected items have been found.

So what is it telling me? That it did not scan two files and thus did not find anything?

Comments

• Just installed Bitdefender Free Version, on Win 7 64-bit.

1. I wanted to get it to do a deep scan of the computer and cannot find where to do that.

2. I tried to get it to scan two files and it did not appear to do anything or tell me whether it had done that or not. When looking at the On Demand Scanner log it tells me,

An On Demand scan has completed.

The scan took: 00:00:00

Files scanned: 0

Infected items detected: 0

Files known to be clean: 0

Scan Paths

Path Status

C:\Users\a\Desktop\Carla Speed McNeil - Finder V1-8.part2.rar completed

C:\Users\a\Desktop\install_debug.zip completed

Scan Results

No infected items have been found.

So what is it telling me? That it did not scan two files and thus did not find anything?

You may request a Full System Scan from the menu that shows when you left-click on the system tray icon. There is no user control for the settings of Auto-Scans, e.,g., Deep Sweeps. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition keeps a list of clean files, i,e., files that were already scanned and found clean. The product will not scan files it already found clean. That fact may explain the zeroes (0) in your scan report. Be at ease when you read No infected items have been found.

P.S. If you are doing a
    Full System Scan be warned: Scanning compressed encrypted files, e.g., the Adobe Flash installation file, may cause the report of Infected items detected. Please ignore this when the report also lists files that could not be inspected, if the report results in No infected items have been found. This will not be reported when you redo the scan. Also: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition works best when connected to the internet. To avoid any misdiagnosis, try to remain connected when doing a Full System Scan.

• a a
    Options

Thanks, I noted that it popped up and announced it had finished a deep sweep six hours later that I didn't even know it was doing.

Am I right that if I scan a newly downloaded file and it actually finds something it will pop up and tell and not just log it?

• You may request a Full System Scan from the menu that shows when you left-click on the system tray icon.

I think you mean "right click."

• I think you mean "right click."

Yes. --graciliano -_-

• What it deep scan doesn't work as well? Log says "An On Demand scan has been stopped." Last quick sweep - 6/29/2014 (before that date there was a quick sweep every day).

• What it deep scan doesn't work as well? Log says "An On Demand scan has been stopped." Last quick sweep - 6/29/2014 (before that date there was a quick sweep every day).

I get the message An On Demand scan has been stopped in my LOGS if I start a scan and then open Bitdefender's interface, click on the scan while it is in progress, and click Remove in the scan panel. Perhaps it is possible to get such message if I log off Windows while a scan is progress.

Quick Sweep cycles are normally scheduled to occur every two (2) days, although, I usually see them more often. I would worry if I do not see such scans within my LOGS after four (4) days. I read in another post Quick Sweep's schedule is controlled by many factors, rebooting is one of them.

Deep Scans cycles are scheduled weekly and that is what I see. These are not the same as a Full Scan. Strangely enough my last Deep Sweep scanned nothing. I am aware Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition's operation may be affected by any other security solutions and I had an independent anti-malware program running at the time. Maybe that was the reason. I requested a Full Scan afterwards that reported my computer was clean.

post-175447-1409356313_thumb.png

• phantom23
    edited August 2014
    Options

I'm rebooting regularily every day. I haven't done any modificantions in my other security programs, Quick Sweeps disappeared with no reason. My logs look like that:

post-183755-1409446313_thumb.jpg

• I'm rebooting regularily every day. I haven't done any modificantions in my other security programs, Quick Sweeps disappeared with no reason. My logs look like that:

post-183755-1409446313_thumb.jpg

I noticed you are not having Deep Sweeps either! It is as if you accidentally turned the Auto Scan switch OFF. When I expanded the Auto Scan panel I was reminded they are postponed while running on batteries. I was also reminded these scans happen while the system is not busy (e.g., not while playing a game). I imagine a change in (the use of) the computer could prevent auto scans.

I also noticed you have not had an update for a few days, which makes me wander about your Internet connectivity. I normally get updates at least daily, sometimes every hour. Certainly I had no updates when I was without Internet connection for several consecutive days. I do not particularly recall if being disconnected affected my automated scans (my LOGS do not currently go that far back).

I cannot say there is anything wrong with your Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. If you suspect something may be wrong with it, repairing the installation may be a simple enough solution.

--graciliano

• Auto Scan is on, my computer is not bery busy and my internet connection is fine.

I tried to repair the installation and I got the message that "Repair Failed". God, this thing is just a piece of crap...

• Repair didn't work so I reinstalled AV completely. It worked, problem solved.

• graciliano
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Repair didn't work so I reinstalled AV completely. It worked, problem solved.

Good for you! I did both processes, repair and uninstall. For both I would get the message failed and I had to reboot. The processes would have to be resumed after rebooting and they both work properly.

• Crap... It worked for a week. Now it doesn't scan again. This program is just junk, I think it's time to ditch it and search for competition.

post-183755-1410802407_thumb.jpg