Error Updating

Peter C
edited August 2014 in Update

Turned on computer, Bitdefender went trough the process of updating.

Checked and had this error Update encountered an error 1008

Rebooted computer but still is updating nothing (update goes for about 5 seconds then closes.) Same with a manual update.

Tried to contact support, but just seems to go around in a circle. click on email link and then i am sent back to the start. Is there another link I can use.

Visit My Website

Last update I got was on the 23/08/ at 8.36 pm. Not keen to use computer with out up to date definitions.

I do not leave the computer on all the time.

Is there another link I can Use.

Edit: Have found a link to use.

cheers

post-181299-1408878654_thumb.png

Comments

• Did a bit of searching found an old post .

Visit My Website

Can this possibly be a server problem?

cheers

• Peter C
    edited August 2014

Compare to other updates i get when i boot up after computer has been shut down for hours.

This update seems only around 25% of other updates.

I took this quote from the link i posted

What is error 1008? I didn't get the update? I only got part of the update? The update I got was corrupted? And most importantly do I have any assurance that whatever the problem the update encountered was cured by the next update?

Cheers

Edit: Sorry for answering my on post, but I am concerned i am not fully protected. :(

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2014

Hiya,

If you subsequently have received a successful update then there is nothing to worry about, any update will cover the things you may have missed. It could have been anything from a busy server or short server problem to part being corrupted during the download.

As long as your Event log says you are now up to date, you are OK. If it persists then please contact BD Support - Email: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

• HI Rohugh

Thanks for your reply, has put my mind at ease.

Checked event viewer and it says Update Completed Successfully

Cheers

• Peter C
    edited August 2014

Hi again.

The problem returned, very next boot up. I sent a ticket to Bitdefender tech support,( 24/08/) received a reply to uninstall spywareblaster, malwarebytes or make sure real-time protection is disabled. Then reccomend to do a repair of bitdefender.

Unistalled spywareblaster : Rebooted

Malwarebytes I had real-time protection alredy dis-abled.

Did bitdefender repair: Rebooted

After booting up after bitdefender repair had this

Was back to Bitdefender version 18.12.0.958, after about 15 minutes auto updated to version 18.14.0.1088.

Also had settings back to default.

Lost sites saved in SafePay.

Lost Wallet had to set up from scratch

Lost all event logs.

Is this supposed to happen after a repair.

Everything seems to be working okay

Cheers

• Hi again.

The problem returned, very next boot up. I sent a ticket to Bitdefender tech support,( 24/08/) received a reply to uninstall spywareblaster, malwarebytes or make sure real-time protection is disabled. Then reccomend to do a repair of bitdefender.

Unistalled spywareblaster : Rebooted

Malwarebytes I had real-time protection alredy dis-abled.

Did bitdefender repair: Rebooted

After booting up after bitdefender repair had this

Was back to Bitdefender version 18.12.0.958, after about 15 minutes auto updated to version 18.14.0.1088.

Also had settings back to default.

Lost sites saved in SafePay.

Lost Wallet had to set up from scratch

Lost all event logs.

Is this supposed to happen after a repair.

Everything seems to be working okay

Cheers

Yes Repairing Means Restoring Product To default state and hence are modifications are deleted during reparing process

• Hi Pushkar Gogte

Thank you for your response, very much appreciated.

Cheers