Exclusions Being Ignored

I am running BIS 2013

- I have never got around to updating to 2014

In exclusions I have a trusted folder C:Programs2\clipx

post-130814-1408529116_thumb.png

I have just had 2 security alert warnings of clipx.exe

ie, Anitvirus Events > Active Virus Control

- two alerts at exactly the same time

- the config tray "B" icon has been red all day (I updated at 6am and now at 6:15pm today)

post-130814-1408529136_thumb.png

post-130814-1408529146_thumb.png

How can Clipx.exe be a threat when I have it white listed ?

Why is the "B" config tray icon stuck on red ?

Why are there two identical event details for a program I have white listed ?

I have been using clipx for about 9 years, it never updates nor is there an update !

- clipx is a Clipboard extender

- about twice a year Bitdefender tells me Clipx is a threat (very annoying)

I would appreciate any help ... thank you :)

---------------

Win7 Home Premium 32 bit

BIS 2013, last update today

Comments

• Try adding the clipx executable to the processes under antivirus settings as well as the directory path you already have added. It may be pedantic as far as us humans are concerned but necessary for the program to realise it is okay to leave that specific file alone.

• Try adding the clipx executable to the processes under antivirus settings as well as the directory path you already have added. It may be pedantic as far as us humans are concerned but necessary for the program to realise it is okay to leave that specific file alone.

We don't want to do that, we want to be able to have Bitdefender do its job and exclude that folder. Simple. Not dig through a whole swath of other options to do a single task. But your reply was good. It just misses the whole, why should I have to do that extra crap when I am working my arse off, I bought this software because it promised to be cool and work. Not it is not. Annoyed. Can I get a refund for my time wasted? That sort of thing.

• Thank you antikythera for your response :)

- I have not received a notification email advising you had responded :huh::(

- (checked my settings and were already set to notify ... !)

Unfortunately BitdefendorClient42 did not see that you are a volunteer.

- but I do concede his/her point that both the clipx folder + executable have to be listed !? Maybe!

- a small price to pay -- I am not the PC guarding Bill Gates money bin

- it is only lately that BIS has become very zealous about obscure programs

- BIS does not like one of my own scripts that runs at startup

- recently had an unsigned download "Unlocker" that BIS does not like but does not give reasons (I have been using Unlocker for years)

- solution was to uninstall and download another program that is signed "LockHunter" ... and BIS is happy

Virus total reveals a lot about a download when one investigates the VirusTotal scan pages

I will try and upgrade to BIS 2015 (from BIS 2013) this weekend and see if there is an improvement on my immediate problem

- and report back here

Thank you for your support

• Edit has timed out

Bitdefender Firewall Settings > Application Rules is a shocker.

- not in any order

- with over 120 entries it is impossible to locate anything

- there is no exporting the list (that I can see) to even do a simple search

- a very amateurish structure for such crucial security management.