Questions About Bitdefender Total Security

I bought Bitdefender Total Security (TS) last year (which gave me access to install it on 5 different devices for two years). I was wondering if Bitdefender TS also removes malware?

I would also like to format my pc, and I was wondering if that would effect one of my five licenses? Is there a possibility that I would be able to recover the license that is on this PC so I can reuse it for this PC (that would have been formatted)?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Hello samcee,

The license worry you have is easy to answer. Bitdefender servers recognize the number of licenses you have running at any one time, so having removed one during the reinstall it is available again - no problems.

The malware question is a little harder, :( Yes BD does remove malware but PUPS and PUAs come in all types, many of which come bundled in downloads you approve and are thus not removed by BD. Bitdefender do not advise you run other security programs alongside it, definitely not those that have active scanning, many users do use on-demand malware programs without conflicts.

Ro.