Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdav-free 'repair/uninstall' Every Boot Up

Options

Every time my mother turns her Windows 8 Laptop on and logs in, Bitdefender starts its 'uninstall/repair installation' program. It sometimes starts on the taskbar, but when you click on the window Windows goes to that annoying gray screen/'Do you want to allow this program to make changes' pop-up. It also just happened in the middle of me doing work, long after I logged in.

I uninstalled and reinstalled BitDefender already, but it still happens. What's the deal?

Since the grey screen hijacks things and BitDefender wants to change things, it's a hard sell telling my mother BitDefender is not some sort of virus in itself. =<

Comments

• Every time my mother turns her Windows 8 Laptop on and logs in, Bitdefender starts its 'uninstall/repair installation' program. It sometimes starts on the taskbar, but when you click on the window Windows goes to that annoying gray screen/'Do you want to allow this program to make changes' pop-up. It also just happened in the middle of me doing work, long after I logged in.

I uninstalled and reinstalled BitDefender already, but it still happens. What's the deal?

Since the grey screen hijacks things and BitDefender wants to change things, it's a hard sell telling my mother BitDefender is not some sort of virus in itself. =<

The gray screen message you are referring should be Windows' User Account Control* to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It should warn you before running Bitdefender's repair, i.e.,

• Program Name: Bitdefender Installation File
    • Publisher: Bitdefender SRL
    You must allow it if you want the repair to proceed. Make sure you receive a success message after repairing, otherwise the process should repeat after restarting the system.** You need to restart right after the repair process.

Please make sure there are no other security solutions*** installed in the system as they may interfere with Bitdefener Antivirus Free Edition. Please remove any if necessary.

The repair process should not be recurring if it is done properly. If no one else here replies with a solution, please Contact Customer Care and tell us about the resolution of your problem.

*You can disable User Account Control through the Action Center in Windows Control Panel but I recommend not to change it.

**I think it may fail the first time because it needs to shutdown the antivirus service and, for that, it needs to restart the computer. After restarting Windows, it should proceed properly when it starts automatically.

***Windows Defender is not a problem. Neither is Windows Firewall. Most other firewalls should not be a problem, but I had some minor conflict with a version of the firewall I use in my system. The conflict apparently was due to a buggy firewall version since the conflict was solved with a firewall update. But, especially after that, I cannot say any firewall is OK.