Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help With Setting Bitdefender Free Permissions In Zonealarm?

Options

Hello all,

I'm trying Bitdefender Free Edition, and wanted to verify some the permissions I need to allow in ZoneAlarm. Hopefully someone can help me confirm these settings?

Gonzales Update is trying to access the trusted zone. (Gonzales? That's odd. I'm guessing the reference - I'm wondering if I'm right...)

update.exe to internal DNS address

Gonzales Update is trying to access the trusted zone.

update.exe to external DNS address

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• ZoneAlarm as flagged another attempt at accessing a non-Bitdefender process:

Gonzales Update is trying to communicate with svchost.exe

update.exe to svchost.exe

Any help appreciated (Are these valid access attempts that should be remembered by ZoneAlarm?). I'm looking to replace Avira by trying out Bitdefender.

Hello all,

I'm trying Bitdefender Free Edition, and wanted to verify some the permissions I need to allow in ZoneAlarm. Hopefully someone can help me confirm these settings?

Gonzales Update is trying to access the trusted zone. (Gonzales? That's odd. I'm guessing the reference - I'm wondering if I'm right...)

update.exe to internal DNS address

Gonzales Update is trying to access the trusted zone.

update.exe to external DNS address

Thanks for any help.

• ZoneAlarm as flagged another attempt at accessing a non-Bitdefender process:

Gonzales Update is trying to communicate with svchost.exe

update.exe to svchost.exe

Any help appreciated (Are these valid access attempts that should be remembered by ZoneAlarm?). I'm looking to replace Avira by trying out Bitdefender.

As far as I know,Gonzales Update is a Bitdefender Free process and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Also,as a side note,have you ever considered one of the bitdefender suites like BD internet security?The firewall is quite good and BD configures all the rules for you and does a good job.There are some decent deals to be had out there.

• Just add ZoneAlarm in BD exceptions and I think you should be all set after that. Check below. 1.gif

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...tions-1163.html