Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quick Question About The Bitdefender Free Edition Tray App

Options

Hiya, I just switched to Bitdefender after getting tired of the nagware and false positives given to me by another AV. I'm really liking it, and I hope I can carry on using it as my main AV protection from now on as it's nice to have such a simple, unobtrusive piece of software working away in the background.

However, I have noticed a weird glitch in some fullscreen applications (mainly a couple of older PC games) where the tray app opens up and flickers and fights for focus with the game.

I read somewhere on the forum that if you exit the tray app (right click > exit), the AV still continues to run safely in the background. Is this the case? If so then that is a simple solution to my problem as it's easy to start it up again. But if not, I'd hate to be flying without an AV when running a game.

If someone could confirm for me that I'm still secure when the tray app is closed, I'd be super grateful! Thanks! :)

Comments

• From section 3, Product Interface, of Bitdefender® Antivirus Free Edition User's Guide* (page 4):

Note

You will be protected against malware threats even if you exit the program interface.

You will find UserGuide.pdf in the same folder where you find the antivirus' executable files.