Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stop Scanning Dvd/blu Ray Drive

Options

Is there anyway, whilst autopilot is on, to stop Bitdefender 2015 from scanning any disks I put into my Blu Ray Drive. i have now found the option to add my power DVD application to movie mode but I still have tyo await a full scan of my Blu ray disks before the application fully opens...

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When an optical drive or USB drive is being scanned, normally a "scanning BD" icon will appear on the right of your task bar, with a horizontal bar going from top to bottom, indicating a scan in progress.

Right click that icon and select "Stop", and your scan will stop. I have a USB stick that I regularly use for data backups via SyncToy, and I always abort the scan because I am going to quick format the USB

drive and copy the latest versions of my backed up data files.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• markpedlingham
    edited August 2014
    Options

Phil,

Many thanks for the tip, but my aim was to stop the scanning activity from automatically starting - I had discovered your approach, by accident, when trying to play a very delayed Blu Ray disk. I would have thought that somewhere buried in a menu somewhere, there would be a set of option regarding which drives / resources were to be scanned or at least an option which asked whether a scan was necessary...

Mark

• You can disable the automatic scan of removable media via Protection -> Antivirus -> Exclusions. There should be a dropdown menu for CDs/DVDs.

• You can disable the automatic scan of removable media via Protection -> Antivirus -> Exclusions. There should be a dropdown menu for CDs/DVDs.

Seldon,

Very many thanks obvious when you know!! Of course I lose autopilot mode, but I assume all of the other automated settings remain...

Mark

• jitzy
    Options

Im sorry...but thats how the autopilot works....its designed for the install & forget platform....So in autopliot mode bitdefender automatically choose the best security for your pc

• I have the feature to autoscan BD/DVD set to disabled, but it still goes ahead and scans the disc every time.

I have the feature to autoscan USB devices set to disabled as well, but still *that* scans my MP3 player every time I connect it to modify its library or charge its battery.

I know I can manually stop the scan once it's launched, but it's still a pain that it starts up every time.

Is there no way to get it to respond to its own settings?

• jitzy
    Options
    I have the feature to autoscan BD/DVD set to disabled, but it still goes ahead and scans the disc every time.

I have the feature to autoscan USB devices set to disabled as well, but still *that* scans my MP3 player every time I connect it to modify its library or charge its battery.

I know I can manually stop the scan once it's launched, but it's still a pain that it starts up every time.

Is there no way to get it to respond to its own settings?

Are you in Autopilot mode when BD scans your removable media ? if yes then switch to usermode and then change setting to disabled

If no then Id suggest changing to "Ask everytime"

• Hi jithin,

Thanks for the reply. No, I don't use autopilot, since it does too many things I don't want. I don't trust any software to get automatic actions right every time.

But US 2015 (like the versions before it) does have specific settings to not, for instance, scan optical drives. For me, that's not working. It's still scanning optical discs 100% of the time.