Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Homestead And Disabling Firewall

Options

Greetings.

This past week, I am having problems publishing my website pages - I am using Homestead.com. They think it may be an issue with BitDefender. How do I disable my firewall to retry publishing as they suggested?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Frisco,

What version of BitDefender are you using?

Cris.

• Hello Frisco,

What version of BitDefender are you using?

Cris.

11.0.16, Cris. I did try going into game mode, but no luck. Thank you for your help. I'm not convinced it's BitDefender yet.

Judy

• alexcrist
    Options

Security Center -> Settings -> Firewall

There, un-check the Firewall checkbox, and choose for how long you want to turn it off.

What problems are you having, exactly?

Cris.

• Security Center -> Settings -> Firewall

There, un-check the Firewall checkbox, and choose for how long you want to turn it off.

What problems are you having, exactly?

Cris.

Cris, I'll be darned. It worked. I disabled the firewall and the page published.

(Problem details: After I made changes to my webpage using Homestead's sitebuilder (not sitebuilder lite) then I need to publish/upload it to the web and when I tried to do that I would get a message saying there was an error publishing it to the web (and, of course, giving me the option to upgrade, which I did not need to do.)

I had already gotten rid of Earthlink's Propel. No help.)

But disabling the firewall did the trick. Thanks so very much!!

Judy

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Judy,

Is Homestead's sitebuilder an offline application (something that you installed on your PC)? Then if BD Firewall blocked it's access, you might want to look at this FAQ: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=4421

Please post if this solved your problem.

Cris.

• Hi Cris,

I too have Homstead Sitebuilder and am having trouble running the program. Everything was fine until about a week ago. I guess maybe BitDefender has something in an update causing the problem.

I have read your above solution and am trying to follow the instructions however when I go to

security firewall I do not see a "Traffic" tabs or option. :unsure:

I'm using Window XPsp2. Can you advise?

Thank you.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1570" data-fileid="1570" rel="">firewall.bmp

• alexcrist
    Options

That article is about BitDefender Security Center and BitDefender Firewall.

I've added a little info in the article. Maybe you can understand it easier now.

Cris.