Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Events Keep Showing

Options

I'm seeing a lot of events showing up for the same unknown web site even though I'm not visiting anything strange while browsing. Could this mean I have spyware/adware on my machine?

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

The information below is extracted from the userguide:

"Bitdefender keeps a detailed log of events concerning its activity on your computer. Whenever something relevant to the security of your system or data happens, a new message is added to the Bitdefender Events, in a similar way to a new e-mail appearing in your Inbox.

Events are a very important tool in monitoring and managing your Bitdefender protection. For instance, you can easily check if the update was successfully performed, if malware was found on your computer etc. Additionally, you can take further action if needed or change actions taken by Bitdefender.

To access the Events log, follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the icon at the top of the window and select Events from the drop-down menu.

Messages are grouped according to the Bitdefender module whose activity"

Please check what the latest events are referring to. Locate the latest event in the list and click on it. More information will be displayed in that window.

You can also attach to your next reply the file events.db from C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Events so I can interpret the events for you.

• Hi Abba, just curios onto this. Can you post a sample event or two? I'd like to take note of that site and see what else we can find with it. 1.gif

• abbazabba
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

The information below is extracted from the userguide:

"Bitdefender keeps a detailed log of events concerning its activity on your computer. Whenever something relevant to the security of your system or data happens, a new message is added to the Bitdefender Events, in a similar way to a new e-mail appearing in your Inbox.

Events are a very important tool in monitoring and managing your Bitdefender protection. For instance, you can easily check if the update was successfully performed, if malware was found on your computer etc. Additionally, you can take further action if needed or change actions taken by Bitdefender.

To access the Events log, follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the icon at the top of the window and select Events from the drop-down menu.

Messages are grouped according to the Bitdefender module whose activity"

Please check what the latest events are referring to. Locate the latest event in the list and click on it. More information will be displayed in that window.

You can also attach to your next reply the file events.db from C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Events so I can interpret the events for you.

The websites that keep popping up under Events are dessaly.com and tworismo.com. I tried to upload the events file but it wouldn't let me.