We Want Network Activity Back!

preguntonontrack
edited September 2014 in Firewall

Hi

My Bitdefender paying subscription is almost over and i decided to give 2015 a ride. Many of us asked for network activity back, in widget and in the application, and we just got a no from you guys. We should not depend on third party software when we pay for a full total security suit like this one. It might sound childish but if is not back in the next month ill find another protection suit that provides me what BD used to give me, like Kaspersky or ESET. Give US Back what we had in BD2014!

Comments

• Hi

My Bitdefender paying subscription is almost over and i decided to give 2015 a ride. Many of us asked for network activity back, in widget and in the application, and we just got a no from you guys. We should not depend on third party software when we pay for a full total security suit like this one. It might sound childish but if is not back in the next month ill find another protection suit that provides me what BD used to give me, like Kaspersky or ESET. Give US Back what we had in BD2014!

+1 for network activity

• +1 for network activity

+1

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Hi

+1 for Network Activity and Bandwidth Monitor

2014 version was simple and had features for paranoid people like us...this version su*** really.....

• This would be nice to have it back. The only reason I could think off that they took this out is might be the possibility of having this program be ligther in terms of CPU resources used. 1.gif

• +1

Nearly every other comprehensive computer protection software has the option available. Bitdefender should as well.

• Thanks for the replies we should not accept a "no" in return and keep supporting this thread.

• Thanks for the replies we should not accept a "no" in return and keep supporting this thread.

+1

• Just keeping the topic alive :)

• Just keeping the topic alive :)

Considering the forum is dead and online support is very bad in the last year (I posted about it). This topic is one of the most active... Maybe is time to switch TS provider.

• I prepare to create a subject for asking about network activity and i found this thread.

We want it back...

Why you do this for us ???!

• Hi

This is the part I agree with, the 2014 Widget features, of Firewall Activity as well as Scan Activity. Since I like to have the Widget set to "Always Be On Top", that information was nice to be able to monitor. As of now, it's useful, but it was better in the 2014 version.

• Cavehomme
    edited December 2014

+1

You guys are right, these forums really are dead. Not really surprising considering the terrible BD technical support these days, perhaps people have given up and gone elsewhere. That, plus the company not listening to their customers and dumbing-down features such as network activity does not bode well for BD, no matter how good their detection is. I hope I am wrong.

• +1

You guys are right, these forums really are dead. Not really surprising considering the terrible BD technical support these days, perhaps people have given up and gone elsewhere. That, plus the company not listening to their customers and dumbing-down features such as network activity does not bode well for BD, no matter how good their detection is. I hope I am wrong.

I've only been using BD for a month and I'm considering ditching it already. Top-tier detection rates (and we are splitting hairs above a certain point) doesn't offset breaking the normal operation of the computer (causing functions/software to fail) and bloat. The "We'll-show-Symantec-we-can-make-an-even-worse-UI" UI also isn't helping.

This is just for my own use; I can't possibly recommend BD at work (to colleagues or as the IT guy)