Autoscan And Autoupdate Turn Off When I Restart My Computer

I have a 3 PC 1 year Total Security 2013. This problem has been present ever since I first purchased Bitdefender Total Security 2012 but I have never been able to resolve it. I have seen this topic in the Bitdefender 2012 products forum but no-one from Bitdefender ever posted an answer - just requests for many people to send in certain log files. The final post on the subject in the 2012 products forum (on Feb 21st 2013) reads "We kindly recommend you to upgrade for free to the new and improved Bitdefender 2013 in order to solve this issue."

Well it didn't resolve the issue for me so can someone please help?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited September 2014

Hello kronk666,

Have you considered updating to the latest version, Total Security 2015? You are a couple of years out of date and there have been many improvements since then.

• Hi Rohugh, thx for the reply.

Now you mention it, it made me wonder why I am so out of date because I only bought this license renewal 4 months ago (20/5). Is it because I just entered the new activation key on my existing Bitdefender? I thought it would update to the latest version automatically - I didn't realise I would have to uninstall and re-install the latest version (if that's what I need to do?).

I assume 4 months ago the version would have been 2014 or even 2015 so does anyone know if I can DL either and just use the same activation key?

I just looked at the receipt and it just says Bitdefender Total Security (no version) so presumably it can be used with any, but once assigned, who knows......?

Any help appreciated as I don't want to uninstall if the key won't work with a newer version - maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy an upgrade now.

• Hiya again. :)

Download the latest version from here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54672

Run the installer and it will ask if you want to uninstall the version you have, say yes and follow through the installation process. It should automatically detect your license key. (If it doesn't then just add it at the end as it is valid for the 2015 BD TS. :)

Ro.