Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Failed

I bought BitDefenders and tried to install it from the link it sent but it crashed my computer completely. It took hours to restore it, using a restore utility from Dell. They won't reply to my messages and won't give me my money back although the product is clearly unsuitable for my computer, which is a brand new Win8 laptop. Anyone else having problems with this product?

Comments

• sb.750
    edited August 2014
    They won't reply to my messages....

This part certainly s***s. I've been waiting for an answer from them as well.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

When reporting such issues please also mention the ticket ID received when contacting Bitdefender support. I will be waiting for the necessary information.

Thank you!

• Hello,

When reporting such issues please also mention the ticket ID received when contacting Bitdefender support. I will be waiting for the necessary information.

Thank you!

I'm aware that you probably replied to the OP but since you are here a short question. Can I use the BD IS license for BD AV only? That would be ticket number 2014081702230001 and 2014081910500002.

A simple question so why does nobody reply? Heck, I might even spend more money if you do.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi sb.750,

Thank you for your post.

I notice my colleagues already replied to your ticket 2014081702230001 , 45 minutes ago. Here is a copy of their message:

"You can indeed downgrade your Bitdefender Internet Security license to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.

This process requires no further fees, however, we will add 60 days from your license key's validity period for the downgrade.

This process will result in a new Bitdefender Antivirus Plus license key, for 1 user, valid for 357 + 60 = 417 days.

Should you agree, please note that the changes to your license will be visible in up to 48 hours."

Please reply to their email with your decision. Thank you!

• Hi sb.750,

Thank you for your post.

I notice my colleagues already replied to your ticket 2014081702230001....

Yeah, weird coincidence.

Anyway, I appreciate the effort and the offer. I ran several tests last night and will probably go ahead with the conversion.

Thank you for your help.

• You are most welcome. Have a nice day! :)

• MaltScotch
    edited September 2014
    I bought BitDefenders and tried to install it from the link it sent but it crashed my computer completely. It took hours to restore it, using a restore utility from Dell. They won't reply to my messages and won't give me my money back although the product is clearly unsuitable for my computer, which is a brand new Win8 laptop. Anyone else having problems with this product?

Yes, I have a Windows 8.1 laptop and have been trying (with the help of the Bit Def Help Desk - ticket 2014090321200001) to install since last Wednesday. Can download the files, but then ..... nothing. Fortunately, I have not shared your crash experience but, as things stand, all the hype about BitDefender seems very overblown. Also, the Help Desk doesn't seem to work for a UK based customer other than in the afternoons and five days a week - not very user friendly. And just had this when trying a different download "connect.bitdefender.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 06/09/2014 00:59. The current time is 09/09/2014 16:21.". Not very trust inspiring, is it?

• Yes, I have a Windows 8.1 laptop and have been trying (with the help of the Bit Def Help Desk - ticket 2014090321200001) to install since last Wednesday. Can download the files, but then ..... nothing. Fortunately, I have not shared your crash experience but, as things stand, all the hype about BitDefender seems very overblown. Also, the Help Desk doesn't seem to work for a UK based customer other than in the afternoons and five days a week - not very user friendly. And just had this when trying a different download "connect.bitdefender.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 06/09/2014 00:59. The current time is 09/09/2014 16:21.". Not very trust inspiring, is it?

Well, it is now Friday - a week and a half since I first tried to install BitDefender - and I've heard nothing from the Help Desk since Monday. This is the worst experience I have ever had with the installation of any program and certainly the most unhelpful "Help" desk! Anyone got any suggestions - other than sticking with Window Defender?

• Well, it is now Friday - a week and a half since I first tried to install BitDefender - and I've heard nothing from the Help Desk since Monday. This is the worst experience I have ever had with the installation of any program and certainly the most unhelpful "Help" desk! Anyone got any suggestions - other than sticking with Window Defender?

Over two weeks since anyone from BitDefender contacted me. However, I now have BitDefender installed. My old hard disc crashed (maybe inability to instal BD was partially because of this looming meltdown). But, I repeat, NO thanks to the BD team.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ MaltScotch : please post in a single thread if you refer to the same situation. I have now found your open topic here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=55737

This topic will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.