Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

User Interface Not Loading

Options

Hi there,

I'd like to report an issue I'm having with Bitdefender Free Edition.

The problem is that the user interface never loads. If I click on Bitdefender's icon, or select any voice from the context menu, all I get is a balloon saying "Loading user interface", and that's it. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and repairing the installation, to no avail.

I'm on Windows 7.

On a second PC with Windows 8.1 everything works fine, by the way.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Comments

• Nevermind, uninstalling the visual theme I was using with this version of Windows solved the problem.

Should have tried that before opening this thread, sorry.

• Nevermind, uninstalling the visual theme I was using with this version of Windows solved the problem.

Should have tried that before opening this thread, sorry.

I am glad to read "Nevermind...". I was concerned because I believe Bitdefender Free Edition may have had problems with the interface in early versions since there is at least a message in this forum about the icon not showing or disappearing. In my experience, the interface response is not fantastic as I would like, but it is at least as good as that from other products I have tried.

• snyten
    Options

I also have the problem with no user interface. It has been gone for some days now. Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. Starting the program will show the icon, but when I close it it´s gone again. gxiface is running in the background.