Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stealing Focus, Pulling Back To Windows

Options

Hi.

I've been trialling the free version of BitDefender Antivirus and it's driving me nuts.

When playing Diablo III, BD occasionally starts messing around with focus, pulling me back to the desktop and partially sitting on top of the Diablo window. Basically, if I mouse over the bottom-right corner of the screen, then mouse pointer changes from the Diablo one to the standard Windows pointer. If I click in that area, I get pulled back to Windows and I see the BD window for a fraction of a second before it disappears, resetting the mouse position back to the centre of the screen. It seems that the BD window is trying to display on top of the Diablo window but doesn't actually show anything: it just behaves as if it is visible and responds to mouse clicks before deciding that it's going to minimize back to the systray.

In addition, and possibly triggered by my repeated attempts to get BD to stop doing this, I'm also being pulled back into Windows every few seconds when I'm playing the game. I alt-Tab over to Diablo and 2-3 seconds later I'm back in Windows. This will go on as long as I have BD running. It's an intermittent problem, but once I have it, nothing seems to fix it short of exiting and restarting BD.

In case it's relevant, I'm running an nVidia GTX 560 with the GeForce 344.11 drivers that were updated a few days ago, but the problem was there with the previous drivers as well.

I assume that this is a bug in BD. Is there anything I can do at my end to remedy it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi. Can you try to disable Real Time Protection while playing Diablo? That's the only module that I could think of causing this. 1.gif

• dch48
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi. Can you try to disable Real Time Protection while playing Diablo? That's the only module that I could think of causing this. 1.gif
    I agree but I have played all my games, World Of Warcraft, Rift, LOTRO, various Steam games, etc, and have never had the problem. I do not have Diablo III installed though. I leave both real time and auto scans turned on.

Just for possible reference, my system is all AMD based with the FX-6300 CPU and a Radeon R9-270X video card.

if I mouse over the bottom-right corner of the screen, then mouse pointer changes from the Diablo one to the standard Windows pointer. If I click in that area, I get pulled back to Windows and I see the BD window for a fraction of a second before it disappears

I assume that this is a bug in BD. Is there anything I can do at my end to remedy it?

Try to simply Exit the interface before starting your game. You may restart the interface after you are done playing. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition service provides protection regardless of the interface being active (unless you turn the Virus Shield off).

• NJMorf
    Options
    Try to simply Exit the interface before starting your game. You may restart the interface after you are done playing. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition service provides protection regardless of the interface being active (unless you turn the Virus Shield off).

OK, will give that a try if/when the problem resurfaces. Thanks.