Wallet

I find no option to disable wallet.I do not want to use the wallet but it keeps popping up asking me to log in.How do i stop this please

Comments

• I find no option to disable wallet.I do not want to use the wallet but it keeps popping up asking me to log in.How do i stop this please

That is right, the turn on/off function of Wallet module does not work as well. Visit My Website

• Me too, i can't turn off wallet in BD 2014 internet security beta.

• Me too, i can't turn off wallet in BD 2014 internet security beta.

If you go to Control Panel and find Bitdefender under the programmes section there is an option to repair it. I clicked on Repair and it spent about 10 minutes uninstalling and reinstalling itself. After that the Wallet dialogue appeared as usual, but this time it had a "Do not show this again" box. I ticked this and [fingers crossed] the wretched wallet has not reappeared. it's a shame no-one from Bidefender replied to you guys. All the best, Carodh

• To disable Bitdefender wallet I logged-in as administrator and then it seems to work.

• I repaired it too (although it had only just been installed). Once I did that the off button appeared on the wallet segment in the dashboard. I slid it to off and (touch wood) the dratted thing has not reappeared

• What would be cool for the wallet in my opinion is that if it loaded faster on the sites... It loads so slow that the entire webpage must load before wallet options come up. It would be nicer if wallet actually did fill in the blanks before the page was done loading, but for the most part, it's still slow. I don't doubt the security of wallet though O_O I do, however, love the fact that if i had a password set up for a certain page on Chrome, and I went to that page while wallet is active, wallet can take the code right off the automatically filled blanks by Chrome, and it would be the correct passwords... Leads me to believe even if our passwords were "strong," it's still hack-able because wallet can do it. But yes, it would be cool if wallet filled in the blanks quicker, or at least, the options came up early if there were multiple accounts logging into the same website.

• This works if you've already activated Wallet but want to turn it off again:

How to remove startup entry.

Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)

Copy red command line and Paste.

echo Start

echo #

echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd system32

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Bitdefender Wallet" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Bitdefender Wallet" /f

echo #

echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd syswow64

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Bitdefender Wallet" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Bitdefender Wallet" /f

echo End

Done.!

Close the command prompt.

A tip o' the hat to windowssvc.com

• Should this work with Windows 8.1? I'm thinking maybe of just uninstalling the whole program, even though I paid. Just too many annoyances and it's a pain to shut it all down each time I need to work on editing videos and graphics, which is mostly what I do.

Thanks

This works if you've already activated Wallet but want to turn it off again:

Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)

echo Start

echo #

echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################

echo #

echo #

echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################

echo #

echo End

Done.!

• Sorry, nope, it doesn't work in Windows 8.

Should this work with Windows 8.1? I'm thinking maybe of just uninstalling the whole program, even though I paid. Just too many annoyances and it's a pain to shut it all down each time I need to work on editing videos and graphics, which is mostly what I do.

Thanks

• Charly1954
    edited October 2014

Can a BD Mod come in and varify doing this is ok and safe. Trilbyman I'll not trying to put you down, just you have only 1 post on BD forum its hard to trust since its your 1st post.

This works if you've already activated Wallet but want to turn it off again:

echo Start

echo #

echo #

echo #

echo #

echo End

Done.!

• You people who say its been disabled or removed, R U sure its gone?

Go to your task manager processes and see if its running. Just because it doesn't popup doesn't mean its not running. In my task manager there's a BD Wallet agent and Wallet Apps Agent running in processes. And no matter what I do I can't remove them. I tried end process and disabled from Misconfig Startup, they're stuck to the wall and running.

TO disable in Misconfig, in startup it just says BD 2015. You have to look in the command column, its path is C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015\bdwtxag.exe, same as in TM. Its disabled there but still is a running process.

I even tried to delete the path and it denies me.

I have 2015 BD TS free trial. My 2013 ran out so I may change to someother VP. BITDEFENDER is getting arrogant, they won't let buyers disable features they DO NOT NEED!!!!!!!!

• Also, Safepay will not stay shut down. I go into safepay and click "Dont Use Safepay" then close. Go back into setting and it changed to "ask me everytime".

BD this is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This also confused me. May a minor bug and hopefully it gets corrected onto the next version update? 1.gif