Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Detection And Attachments Via Yahoo Mail

Options

Hi,

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and I have recently registered for a Yahoo mail account. Yesterday I received an email with an attachment and I clicked on the attachment, which caused a "preview" (if that's the right word) to open. I then closed that as I didn't want to read it straight away. About an hour later my Bitdefender did its usual full scan but then it crashed which it has never done before and stopped working and I had to restart it.

My question is, does anyone know anything about Yahoo mail and whether a preview of an attachment actually downloads the attachment to your computer and in this case, if so, then has it downloaded a virus causing my Bitdefender to crash?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Personally, I haven't seen this kind of behavior so far. But can you try a different browser and see if it behaves differently? You could also try to disable web protection just to isolate the issue. 1.gif