Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Crashes Nvidia Ran Games?

Options

Hello,

I'm still testing why my computer crashes when running Elderscrolls online and Starwars the Old republic. So far I've found this:

When running bitdefender total security 2014 I had random crashes with both ESO and STWOR. I thought it was nvidia drivers 337.88, 340.52, and 344.11. It seemed when I reinstalled the driver as a "clean installation" with a different versions (once in a while), my games would stop freezing or rebooting my computer.

I recently upgraded to bitdefender total security 2015 and my games would constantly crash no matter what driver version I used. I realized it wasn't the nvidia drivers because I just changed my bitdefender and it caused more problems. I started looking into "game modes" and found you can add games to profiles. After adding ESO and STWOR to game profile everything seems to be working fine.

Is this a known issue? I've been fighting with my computer for months trying to find out why it's been crashing randomly. (mem, hd, vid, stress, etc.. all good tests) Even the windows event manager couldn't pin down why it was crashing. Anyway, I'm still checking to see if the game mode was the problem. Trying all the nvidia drivers again with correct profiles for ESO and STWOR.

Thanks,

Wolfhidn

Comments

• Hello,

I'm still testing why my computer crashes when running Elderscrolls online and Starwars the Old republic. So far I've found this:

When running bitdefender total security 2014 I had random crashes with both ESO and STWOR. I thought it was nvidia drivers 337.88, 340.52, and 344.11. It seemed when I reinstalled the driver as a "clean installation" with a different versions (once in a while), my games would stop freezing or rebooting my computer.

I recently upgraded to bitdefender total security 2015 and my games would constantly crash no matter what driver version I used. I realized it wasn't the nvidia drivers because I just changed my bitdefender and it caused more problems. I started looking into "game modes" and found you can add games to profiles. After adding ESO and STWOR to game profile everything seems to be working fine.

Is this a known issue? I've been fighting with my computer for months trying to find out why it's been crashing randomly. (mem, hd, vid, stress, etc.. all good tests) Even the windows event manager couldn't pin down why it was crashing. Anyway, I'm still checking to see if the game mode was the problem. Trying all the nvidia drivers again with correct profiles for ESO and STWOR.

Thanks,

Wolfhidn

I removed bitdefender total security 2015 and both ESO and STWOR keeps crashing. Looks like an Nvidia driver problem anyway. Currently running Geforce 344.11 and random crashes continue.

Thanks

Wolfhidn

• Hi Wolf. Have you tried to check if there's a driver update at the Nvidia site? It might be worth the time checking it and see if it makes a difference. 1.gif