Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Boot Up

Options

Why is it that since I have installed Anti virus plus 2015 my computer takes ages to boot up??

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hi,

This situation may occur if more than one antivirus solution is installed on the same PC or if multiple applications are loading at startup.

Please make sure to uninstall all other security solutions (if any) besides Bitdefender.

Also, to improve the startup time of your computer open Bitdefender and click on Tools. Under TUNEUP select Startup Optimizer and follow the instructions on-screen to improve the startup time of your computer.

Let us know how is everything going.

• Hi,

This situation may occur if more than one antivirus solution is installed on the same PC or if multiple applications are loading at startup.

Please make sure to uninstall all other security solutions (if any) besides Bitdefender.

Also, to improve the startup time of your computer open Bitdefender and click on Tools. Under TUNEUP select Startup Optimizer and follow the instructions on-screen to improve the startup time of your computer.

Let us know how is everything going.

Absolutely NOT Georgia there is not another anti virus or malaware program on this computer!

• Georgia
    Options

In that case please continue with the rest of the steps indicated in my previous post.

Let me know how it goes!

• mortezasafai@gmail.com
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In that case please continue with the rest of the steps indicated in my previous post.

Let me know how it goes!

Hello Georgia,

Why can't bitdefender team resolve this issue !?

Boot time is so long !

Why is everyone in bitdefender team keeping kind of silent on this issue?

I've already opened a support ticket 2014091809110002 about a month ago to no avail.

I'm planning to give the support management a phone call in the coming days.

Maybe, they could help.

Thank you

• aussiejohn
    Options

Let me know how it goes!

I have done all the steps you recommend and it makes no difference at all!

• In addition, you can also go to Run - msconfig - startup tab. Find a BD module and try to disable modules one by one and see if it makes a difference. Let's just hope that that slow start up is caused by one of the modules. 1.gif

• Georgia
    Options

Please let me know if this works for you: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=224474