Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close

Options

I have just installed on my old Compaq SR2038X with XP pro 32. It worked fine for a few minutes after install and then I got the above message to restart. The restart doesn't fix it. Has anyone had this problem and successfully repaired it?

The installation of BD was after I had issues with AVG and did some ham handed registry cleaning that required a repair install of the XP.

I don't know if the current hiccup is due to:

1) the original AVG issue (error code, program would run, and wouldn't let me open it to remove and reinstall) or

2) the registry clean and removal tool deletion of the AVG that prevented me from being able to load windows and required the repair or

3) the chkdsk r repair I did to get windows back (required the original XP disks not just a boot disk) which retained my data and just replaced some corrupted windows files or

4) A BD problem that might be a relatively simple fix.

AVG was on the computer for a couple of years with no problems.The BD scan I did on install and Malwarebytes showed no issues. Is the existence of Malwarebytes maybe a conflict with BD?

I understand this is a Bitdefender forum and not an XP forum so I am mostly hoping for your thoughts on scenario 4) but any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Nuck
    Options
    I have just installed on my old Compaq SR2038X with XP pro 32. It worked fine for a few minutes after install and then I got the above message to restart. The restart doesn't fix it. Has anyone had this problem and successfully repaired it?

The installation of BD was after I had issues with AVG and did some ham handed registry cleaning that required a repair install of the XP.

I don't know if the current hiccup is due to:

1) the original AVG issue (error code, program would run, and wouldn't let me open it to remove and reinstall) or

2) the registry clean and removal tool deletion of the AVG that prevented me from being able to load windows and required the repair or

3) the chkdsk r repair I did to get windows back (required the original XP disks not just a boot disk) which retained my data and just replaced some corrupted windows files or

4) A BD problem that might be a relatively simple fix.

AVG was on the computer for a couple of years with no problems.The BD scan I did on install and Malwarebytes showed no issues. Is the existence of Malwarebytes maybe a conflict with BD?

I understand this is a Bitdefender forum and not an XP forum so I am mostly hoping for your thoughts on scenario 4) but any input would be appreciated.

N/M It is generating new corrupted files every time I rescan so not a BD issue. Time for a full reinstall.

• N/M It is generating new corrupted files every time I rescan so not a BD issue. Time for a full reinstall.

Thanks for the update. I hope your hardware (disk) has not gone bad.

• I'm glad that this is sorted out for you. As far as I can remember, AVG is one of those software that's tough to uninstall/take out. 1.gif