Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Outlook 2013 Is Being Blocked

Options

Outlook 2013 worked perfectly with Bitdefender 2014 but after installing Bitdefender 2015 I have encountered two problems:-

1. Outlook 2013 crashes frequently and generates an error report that Bitdefender Antispam "decreased performance or caused Outlook to crash"

2. If Outlook does work (only occasionally) then Errors appear informing me that it cannot send or receive emails because "your server does not support the encryption type you have specified". My ISP requires the use of SSL and this is causing the problem.

In it's current form Bitdefender is useless so I have uninstalled it to get my emails functional. If this issue cannot be resolved quickly then I shall seek a refund and buy something else.

Can anyone please offer any assistance?

Comments

• Middleleaze
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Outlook 2013 worked perfectly with Bitdefender 2014 but after installing Bitdefender 2015 I have encountered two problems:-

1. Outlook 2013 crashes frequently and generates an error report that Bitdefender Antispam "decreased performance or caused Outlook to crash"

2. If Outlook does work (only occasionally) then Errors appear informing me that it cannot send or receive emails because "your server does not support the encryption type you have specified". My ISP requires the use of SSL and this is causing the problem.

In it's current form Bitdefender is useless so I have uninstalled it to get my emails functional. If this issue cannot be resolved quickly then I shall seek a refund and buy something else.

Can anyone please offer any assistance?

I forgot to mention that when using Bitdefender 2014 my PC would boot up (using an SSD system drive) in about 12 seconds. Now boot time is about 30 seconds! At times I wonder if I have a fault.

• Hi first, you can isolate if it's AVC or realtime protection that's causing your Outlook issue. Try to disable those modules one by one and see which one would make a difference. I would then suggest to add Outlook on exception list. 1.gif

• Hi first, you can isolate if it's AVC or realtime protection that's causing your Outlook issue. Try to disable those modules one by one and see which one would make a difference. I would then suggest to add Outlook on exception list. 1.gif

Many thanks for your response.

Since the issue was related to the SSL then I stopped any scans on the SSL but that did not resolve the problem. At your suggestion I then looked at configuring exceptions and found there were lots of options. As a first stab I decided to exclude Outlook.exe and I rebooted the PC afterwards. I am pleased to report that this actions appears to have solved the problem but I wait a few days before I rejoice at your suggestion having worked ;>)

I will let you know.