Vulnerability Scan Shows "no Connection" Message

I've just upgraded (more like forced an uninstall of 2014 and then installed 2015).

When running the Vulnerability Scan, it says at the bottom of its panel, "Vulnerability scan was unable to connect to the Bitdefender server, please retry later. If the problem persists, please contact our Customer Support".

I don't think this is the "official" channel for contacting support but I'll happily take constructive suggestions on this one.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello Randy Mark,

I have just run a Vulnerability Scan without problems so the server is working, unless it is a connection problem from where you are. Give it a while and see if it corrects itself, if no try running a repair on Bitdefender.

Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender>Uninstall>choose "Repair". Wait for it to complete then reboot your computer.

• @ Randy Mark

Vulnerability Scan requires internet access in order to function.

If your connection is up and running, update your Bitdefender product to correct this issue. A Windows restart is necessary. The current build number is 18.19.0.1345.

You can check it by right clicking on the Bitdefender icon from system tray, near Windows clock. In the menu choose About. Look at the number under Product Information to see the current iteration.

Feel free to post back should you encounter further issues.