Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rarsfx0 Folder In Appdata>temp Folder

Options

Hi,

I've noticed that there's a folder in C:/Users/(user)/AppData/Local/Temp named RarSFX0 that contains a bunch of BitDefender files and three folders. I have a suggest, how about moving it into the BitDefender Program Files folder. If one is using Software Restriction Policy (SRP) which includes in Designated File Types extensions exe and dll then BD Free doesn't function properly unless you create exceptions for it in Additional Rules.

Is there a reason why it was placed there?

BTW, BD Free version 1.0.20.1083 is working very well at the present time. The Logs button is functioning after every reboot. Great job, guys. :). BitDefender is the best.

Later...

Bob

Comments

• RarSFX0, this file was in my temp folder and I ran my temp file cleaner and they were not removed so I removed them manually, the gziface and the gziface1.log regenerated themselves but the other is gone.

I attempted removal before coming to the forum, have not seen anywhere in the forum where it says to not delete them. But I saw here that they should not be removed.

So, should I uninstall Bitdefender and reinstall??

Just installed today at 3am or so CST , US.

OS, xp, sp3

• Suave
    Options

I also noticed this folder.

It seems undeletable.

So is it really necessary for the app to run?

If not, we should be able to delete ...

• Bump...

Anyone?

• Bump...

Anyone?

I think the RarSFX0 directory is created at installation time and perhaps it is left there in case you need to repair the software. I have RarSFX0, RarSFX1 and RarSFX2 probably because I reinstalled (not repaired!) the software a couple of times. The three directories are identical except for the content of one file, bdnc.ipv4, which only contains a single internet protocol (IP) address that is different in each of them. I would like to be sure I can delete at least two of them ;)

--graciliano

• ... perhaps it is left there in case you need to repair the software .... I have RarSFX0, RarSFX1 and RarSFX2 ...

As far as I know (now), it is safe to delete the directory C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/RarSFX0. All works fine without it.

I got rid of it and it's replicas I had. I think I did it with Windows (8) Disk Cleanup (but I used CCleaner afterwards). Later, I tried repairing Bitdefener Antivirus Free Edition and it happened with no apparent problem. Since nothing was broken before, I cannot say that repairing really did anything (except requiring me to log in again). I think now it is perfectly safe to get rid of RarSFX0. After all, if repairing is not possible, it is always possible to remove and reinstall.

--graciliano