Re: Windows Firewall

I just purchased and installed Bitdefender Anti-Virus Pro 2015 on a PC running Windows 8.1. In order to successfully install the product I had to turn off the Windows firewall. Now that Bitdefender has installed successfully is it necessary to go back and turn on Windows firewall? Or will Bitdefender Anti-Virus 2015 automatically assume the firewall responsibility as well?

Just don't want to leave my system vulnerable by leaving the Windows firewall turned off, unless its OK to do so.

Thanks for anyone learned advice.

Gary

Houston, TX USA

Comments

• Hiya,

BD Antivirus Plus does not incorporate a firewall so you will need to turn on the Windows Firewall as it doesn't turn on automatically during BD installation.

Ro.

• Hiya,

BD Antivirus Plus does not incorporate a firewall so you will need to turn on the Windows Firewall as it doesn't turn on automatically during BD installation.

Ro.

Will do, I presumed that would be the case. Thanks for responding today to both of my Bitdefender inquiries. Appreciate your feedback and helpful assistance. Can tell already this will be a great forum to utilize.

Gary