[fixed] Real Time Optimization Does Not Stay On.

I'm wondering why Real time optimization unchecks itself after a time. I check it to ON, then when looking at the settings a little while later, it's unchecked. This keeps happening.

Does this have anything to do with Autopilot? Could that be turning it off?

And also again, reporting the Steam app and Game mode issue like others, and also reported in Beta. Would be nice if that got squared away.

Other than that, it seems to work fine. This is the release version, not beta. 18.12.0.958 of IS.

Comments

• I have same issue.

• Same here. The Steam issue is the biggest issue I have with the new version. Like many have said in other threads, many of us keep steam running in the background.

• Same here. The Steam issue is the biggest issue I have with the new version. Like many have said in other threads, many of us keep steam running in the background.

Its not only with Steam, its with EA-Origin too :/

• Its not only with Steam, its with EA-Origin too :/

Good to know. Didn't try Origin yet. And confirming as well the real time optimization unchecks itself as well as the op stated.

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    I'm wondering why Real time optimization unchecks itself after a time. I check it to ON, then when looking at the settings a little while later, it's unchecked. This keeps happening.

Does this have anything to do with Autopilot? Could that be turning it off?

And also again, reporting the Steam app and Game mode issue like others, and also reported in Beta. Would be nice if that got squared away.

Other than that, it seems to work fine. This is the release version, not beta. 18.12.0.958 of IS.

same here....nice find mate

• Hello,

Try this:

- Check "Real Time Optimization"

- Put "Profile" from "On" to "Off" and then from "Off" to "On".

I have done that and "Real Time Optimization" remains checked even after a restart of the PC and BIS 2015.

• ChristianC
    edited July 2014

No, sorry, it does not work.

• I have the exact issue for the last few days from 7-13 - 7-16. I run a system scan and it finds infected items and cleans them, and when I go check the real time optimization feature it's turned off.

• first i would like to say that my auto pilot does not manage my profiles because it takes my on access off when i play games

so under profile settings you can tick the box "real-time optimization" so i click it

and after a while it un ticks itself?

why?

how do i make it say checked and run real-time optimization all the time??

also i have checked on the web and people say that you must restart your computer after you click this feature and i have tired that it works for a bit but just like before it un selects itself

please does anyone know how to keep it running

also it does it in both profiles, user and auto pilot

• It's broken and hasn't been acknowledged. It's been this way since release.

In fact, the whole profile thing is a buggy mess. It thinks certain things, like the Steam app are games and puts BD in to game mode.

• Correct. See also below for users with the same issue. 1.gif

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54636

• Please update your Bitdefender product to correct this issue. The current build number is 18.14.0.1088

You can check it by right clicking on the Bitdefender icon from system tray, near Windows clock. In the menu choose About. Look at the number under Product Information to see the current iteration.

• Same issue here.

Nothing solve the problem

Build 18.17.0.1277

• Same issue here.

Nothing solve the problem

Build 18.17.0.1277

Hiya Zox,

You are behind on the updates, the latest build is 18.19.0.1369. Best run an update. :)

Ro.

• Zox, it will also require a reboot: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=225066

Having your BD Update set to notify you with a pop up notification of a need to reboot, can come in handy at times :)

Top of main UI -> Personal Settings information icon -> General Settings -> Update -> Postpone Reboot.

posponereboot_zps48e77fe3.jpg

• Just clic on Update now several times, Yesterday and today... still at version 18.17.0.1277

Now also some "genuine URL" are blocked. Only by deselecting "check SSL" in Web protection, site can be opened.

Just running only BitDefAVplus2015 (Still in trial period)

• Bitdefender Antivirus Plus updates does not work, in any way.

I also tried to repair it, from the control panel, but it stops at 25%

I solved by uninstalling the program.

My computer does not like BD

Thx

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

The issue you report here is solved in the latest build version 18.20.0.1429.

Please update Bitdefender and once the process ends restart the computer for the fix to be applied.

To make sure you have the latest build please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray, choose About and look at the Product Information.