Scheduled Scan Not Running

I set up BDIS to do a Quick Scan every Friday at 6:00 PM . Unfortunately, the scan does not seem to run. I watched yesterday (Friday 11/28/2014) ) from 5:59 PM to 6:01 PM and did not see the Scan Screen appear for the Quick Scan. I checked AntiVirus Events and there was no log of a scan at the appointed time, BUT when I went back to Manage Scans and checked the settings for the Quick Scan, the next date had advanced to next Friday (?!).

I repeatedly adjusted the date/time, going to 6:15 pm, etc....same thing. No scan screen, no AntiVirus event, but the date advances to the next Friday in scan settings under Manage Scans.

Any ideas?

Running BDIS 2015 on Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit PC.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited November 2014

Hiya squibbon,

Firstly, the obvious, make sure your Bitdefender is up to date (run an update) and also check that the date and time setting for your computer is correct, I assume it is but worth checking. :)

Secondly run a repair on Bitdefender. Control Panel>Program and Features>Bitdefender 2015 - double click it and choose Repair. Wait for it to complete and reboot your computer.

Try setting the scan again and if you still have problems post back.

Ro.

• Already tried both suggestions - no change in scheduled scan.

• I have now uninstalled/reinstalled Bitdefender. The scheduled scan still does not execute at the appointed date/time. Just out of curiosity, I installed a trial of ESET Smart Security while I had Bitdefender uninstalled and tried scheduling a scan with it, just to rule out it being an issue with my computer. The ESET scan ran just fine.

Although my Bitdefender license doesn't expire until July 2015, I'm beginning to wonder if this 2015 version just isn't right for me.

• Hello, this issue is fixed in the latest build version 18.19.0.1369.

Open up Bitdefender and click the Update button. Wait until the process ends and restart the PC. Then, test to have the latest build number: right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray -near the clock- and choose "About". You should see in the left upper side the build number: 18.19.0.1369

Let us know if scheduled scan runs on time afterwards.

• I too have the same problem, cannot run scheduled scans. I've tried repairing and uninstalling/reinstalling, still can't get it to work. While in the schedule set up screen I can't even check the drives I want to scan. My current build is up to date, 18.19.0.1369.

• Hi RColl,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Be advised that Quick Scan and System Scan you see there are predefined tasks which can not be modified. It's normal to have the options for these 2 existing scan tasks grayed out. It's not a malfunction of Bitdefender.

If you want to be able to modify the scan options please pick New custom task.

Let us know if you have other questions.

• I have the latest build version (18.20.0.1429) and I am also having this issue. My scheduled scans (quick scan, system scan, and a custom scan) do not run even though they are scheduled. I have uninstalled potential programs that might conflict with it (as per technical support) however, it still does not work.

• I too have followed the steps as advised by the BD team and have had the same issues for the duration of my initial annual subscription. BD simply will not scan at the times I specify. It makes its own decision when to scan and hogs resources in the process which is unsuitable for my work routine. There seems absolutely no logic to the times it chooses to scan -- only that it appears I must be trying to do something important on my PC at the time it also chooses to do its job. Regardless of what the BD team might say on here about the myriad different ways to update the product, uninstalling/reinstalling the product (ludicrous!) etc etc BD is simply not doing what it should do when it should do it. I can only conclude the product is seriously unfit for the purpose it is intended. But luckily my subscription is soon due ;)