[feature request] Latest Update Is A Downgrade!

To the Bitdefender programmers...

In reference to AntiVirus Plus 2015.

What did you guys do?!?! Now I no longer see the percentage of the ongoing download for my updates!

All I see is the word "Downloading"! To you this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, it is.

It seems every time you guys do a product update it seems to be a downgrade!

If it ain't broke, DON'T fix it!!!

PLEASE bring back the download percentage indicator.

Thank you.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭

Agree that the download percentage indicator was a welcome feature. The removal of that, plus the removal of the last scan date from the desktop, are, in my opinion, a step backwards.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• ....................... plus the removal of the last scan date from the desktop,

That I agree with, although you can still see the last scan from the events drop-down it becomes more of a pain to check. :(

Ro.

• Harleyrider
    edited November 2014

From viewing a lot of posts on these forums, and all the complaints the customers have, Bitdefender seems to ignore our requests.

Which leads me to believe they don't care about their customers, and they're going to do whatever they want.

This, IMO, is a VERY poor way to run a company when they completely ignore the requests from their customers!!!

I will NOT be renewing my license!!!

I will be going to a company who listens and cares about their customers...

Cheers!!!

• Hello?!?!

Do you think you guys can bring this back for us "loyal" customers, or are you just going to ignore us as usual...

bVxPBD.jpg

• Hello?!?!

Do you think you guys can bring this back for us "loyal" customers, or are you just going to ignore us as usual...

bVxPBD.jpg

Maybe try contacting support?

• Maybe try contacting support?

I have tried, and tried, AND tried!

Absolutely a pathetic company!!!

I should have paid attention to all the negative reviews on Google and many other places concerning Bitdefender... :(

• Hiya,

It is obviously not a support problem, the removal of the % is a new GUI setting. Whilst it doesn't matter to me that it is not there any more it would be nice for those of you who would like it back or at least a comment here from Bitdefender.

• From viewing a lot of posts on these forums, and all the complaints the customers have, Bitdefender seems to ignore our requests.

Which leads me to believe they don't care about their customers, and they're going to do whatever they want.

This, IMO, is a VERY poor way to run a company when they completely ignore the requests from their customers!!!

I will NOT be renewing my license!!!

I will be going to a company who listens and cares about their customers...

Cheers!!!

Hmm, me too, but are there ANY AV companies out there still with really good customer support (non-forum) ?

• Hmm, me too, but are there ANY AV companies out there still with really good customer support (non-forum) ?

Emsisoft, Email support is fast and they have a fantastic support forum.

• I am having the same problem and it has all come to be a little too much hassle for me. I have contacted their support 3 times for the past two days, and only gotten a standard response refering to the FAQ section - and with no reply to my additional writing back as suggested in the mails. My last support request hasn't even got further than me receiving the confirmation email. I think that sort af behavior does not match the willingness their sales department shows.

My final solution is uninstalling the software and replacing it with Webroot.

Regads

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback.

We are aware of this request and we will try to consider it for future improvement of the upcoming Bitdefender 2016.

• Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback.

We are aware of this request and we will try to consider it for future improvement of the upcoming Bitdefender 2016.

I'd like to just +1 this request. It's very annoying trying to update and not having an estimate on how long it's going to take, if it's really downloading, etc.

• I agree. This feature is needed. I've never had it, and was wondering about some kind of progress indicator when updating. My machines are all laptops and if I have a clue about where the update is I can make a decision about closing the lid now or to leave it open.

Most updates are just a check and done. It's when there is a larger update, to the engines/app, etc, that it matters

• This is ridiculous. Bitdefender 2016 is out, I upgraded, and what do you know? NO PROGRESS BAR still...

For god's sake, hire a 1st semester computer science undergraduate with minimal HCI skills who will tell you that any piece of software should provide feedback of what it's doing to the user.

Saying "Downloading..." is completely useless. I do not know how long the operation will take, if it is stuck, if it is really downloading.

Get this joke of a bug fixed.

Thanks.

• On 12/14/2014 at 5:35 PM, Android5.0 said:

Maybe try contacting support?

What did you guys do?!?! Now I no longer see the percentage of the ongoing download for my updates!

All I see is the word "Downloading"! To you this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, it is.

• LILOUBAE
    edited June 2019

1 hour ago, LILOUBAE said:

All I see is the word "Downloading"! 

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1  To you this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, it is.

All I see is the word "Downloading"! To you this may not seem like a big deal, but to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, it is