Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall, Safepay And Simplicity

Hi,

One of my issue has been already posted below, but I will repeat it once again...

1. Simplicity of the GUI.

I understand that it is better for 80% of users to have simple one click gui, which makes everything. But please, do not forget about other 20% of the users, which would love to be able to do something more that switch one click in firewall.

Thus following request comes: please provide possibility to switch some kind of advanced mode, where I can set every single thing.

2. Removing features.

Why are you doing that? I've seen same policy in Acronis True Image. They have also removed a lot of tools in 2015 version. What is it? Some agreement that in 2015 you all make apps for casual user, not taking care about more advanced users ??

3. Firewall

This is just awful. I miss following:

* being asked when app want to access net with following options:

> allow once

> deny once

> always deny

> always allow

* being asked when app A starts app B ( I know it is outside of the regular firewall, but it would be nice )

* traffic log, traffic monitor

* blocking/unblocking specific ports. Why do I have to switch my adapter trust level if I want to access samba file system??

All above comes from the fact, you have simplified it too much. Give us a switch "Advanced" to set up everything !

4. Safepay

I love the idea of separate desktop, where I can do stuff and after finishing, it is just deleted. I hope you did it properly and nothing is saved outside default download directory.

Is it possible to make some kind of sandbox from this safepay with following features:

a. Adding any application to "safe" desktop

b. Setting optional storage for desktop, so that data are not deleted automatically (but user can delete them on request). So for example history of browser is kept. (something similar to SafeZone in Avast)

c. Creating more desktops with separate storage area

Take as an example application called: sandboxie, but put it into the safe desktop, so keyloggers, screen capturers cannot spy on me. I would love it ! Is it possible, can you do that?

5. Reports

It looks so nice, when you say, that X things where blocked and so on... Please, let me check the list, I want to see details!! Without it those are just empty numbers! Especially if I was not present within 4 days, and normally I check always the same websites. And after such things I got info about more that 20 blockages... it looks like a lie without details.

I'm quite new in Bitdefender environment. I hope you treat requests seriously and you want to make the best software - not just a software.

I'm aware that some of those things will not be possible till 2016. I just expect honest answer to each of above points.

Kind regards,

wrealcon.

Comments

• I agree with absolutely everything @wrealcon wrote above.

I am also new to Bitdefender. I was initially excited, but I'm sorry to say that this seems to be the Antivirus for Dummies.

The firewall needs improvement, so I disable it and use Outpost. If I disable something permanently, "permanently" doesn't mean "until next boot".

If I disable the firewall and the antispam because my company uses Outpost and Mailwasher Pro, please don't scream at me with a big red X that says

YOU ARE AT RISK!

More importantly, if simplicity is BD's goal, why not one central control panel that shows the status of the firewall, antivirus, intrusion detection, etc and lets me enable/disable from there?

BD may be made for dummies, but it's the experienced techies like us that promote these products in corporate environments. We are like free salespeople for you. Please listen to us.

• I agree with absolutely everything @wrealcon wrote above.

I am also new to Bitdefender. I was initially excited, but I'm sorry to say that this seems to be the Antivirus for Dummies.

The firewall needs improvement, so I disable it and use Outpost. If I disable something permanently, "permanently" doesn't mean "until next boot".

If I disable the firewall and the antispam because my company uses Outpost and Mailwasher Pro, please don't scream at me with a big red X that says

YOU ARE AT RISK!

More importantly, if simplicity is BD's goal, why not one central control panel that shows the status of the firewall, antivirus, intrusion detection, etc and lets me enable/disable from there?

BD may be made for dummies, but it's the experienced techies like us that promote these products in corporate environments. We are like free salespeople for you. Please listen to us.

Hi Techie,

Since you were kind enough to mention that you are new to Bitdefender, let me give you a couple of hopefully helpful tips and thoughts. By turning off the Firewall notifications from the top of the main UI Personal Settings icon, on the drop down select General Settings/Advanced/ Configure Status Alerts, and enable and disable as desired. You will then no longer get the dire warning from BD itself. General Settings/Status Alerts, see left image below.

The 2nd image below shows after a restart, no notifications for the firewall, no red X on the Bitdefender System Tray icon, on the security widget, and the main UI upper tool panel status was "Green". The red X ion the Windows action center icon, can be disabled by "turning off messages about network firewall" if desired (or "change action center settings", or "don't show in system tray") The widget did show 1 Event to check (Firewall status has changed), which was easily deleted by selecting, "mark all events as read"

Also, if a person were to know that they would be using another vendors firewall, could save some money on their BD purchase, and get the AV+, which does not include the Firewall, but has all the other nice other features of BD (AVC, Safepay, Web Protection/Anti-Phishing etc) http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antiv...comparison.html

The 2014 version did show feature Panels that could be moved in order of personal preference, and the setting could be made from there (Google image search will show you this). But with a new years version, came some changes to the main UI, for better or worse in some peoples eyes ^_^

Maybe this will help you to reconsider some of your concerns with Bitdefender?

Scott

post-4566-1418828352_thumb.jpg post-4566-1418828386_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

And what about me?? Is there anyone who can answer to my issues?

Regards,

wrealcon.

• Hi, wrealcon

Since you posted in the Feature Request sub forum, you may not receive a reply as far as resolution to your suggestions, only members who give feedback or "vote" on ideas and suggestions, which by sheer numbers, may or may not be considered by Bitdefender.

If you search the forum, many of what you have mentioned in part have been in previous years considered or submitted here, to no avail (see the 2013-2014 Feature Request sub forum).

So with that said, you may or may not receive any real attention here, but only members feedback.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Hi Techie,

Since you were kind enough to mention that you are new to Bitdefender, let me give you a couple of hopefully helpful tips and thoughts. By turning off the Firewall notifications from the top of the main UI Personal Settings icon, on the drop down select General Settings/Advanced/ Configure Status Alerts, and enable and disable as desired. You will then no longer get the dire warning from BD itself. General Settings/Status Alerts, see left image below...

+1

Thank you for answering my questions so well.

At this time, thanks to your response I am very satisfied with Bitdefender.

• You're welcome, Techie, and thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you were helped, and are now more satisfied with your Bitdefender :)

The download PDF manuals can be found below in my siggy. They do a pretty good job with them, lots of useful information (let alone the main BD UI/Personal icon settings at the top/Help & Support/Product Documentation). But be sure to post back on the forum if you have any other questions.

Hope you have a great weekend, and holiday season :)