Video (xbox) Streaming

I am trying to use my PC to stream video to my Xbox One. I currently have a ticket submitted, but have yet to receive a solution.

When the BD firewall is off, I have no streaming issues whatsoever. When it is on, I cannot stream; in fact, Windows will not

even "find" my Xbox One if I do a device search (assuming I removed it).

SETTINGS

I have the block internet connection sharing OFF

I have port scan OFF

Adapter settings changed to home|office/stealth OFF/Generic ON

Still can't stream...how do I enable DLNA streaming with BD2015 firewall??

Thanks!

Comments

• darge
    edited July 2014

Try to add the ports below onto your firewall. 1.gif

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Source:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/net...-used-xbox-live

• Try to add the ports below onto your firewall. 1.gif

Source:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/net...-used-xbox-live

Not exactly sure how to do that using the BD 2015 interface. Any thoughts?

• For DLNA based streaming you might need to consult your DLNA server documentation for any specific ports.

Generally you'll need to allow listening(incoming connections) to UDP port 1900 so your Xbox can detect your computer.

Port 80 is also usually used for http streaming, but the DLNA/UPnP specifications do not mandate any further ports, as these are negotiated between the player and the server and subject to individual product characteristics. You might find some useful information in your firewall logs about blocked applications listening to various ports.

If you are trying to use the Windows Media Player Network Sharing features, it appears you need to allow the following:

Any application - listening on TCP ports 2869, 10243

%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe - Listening on all UDP ports

%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe - Listening on TCP port 6

%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe - Listening on all UDP ports

%SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe - Listening on UDP ports 1900, 2177

%SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe - Listening on TCP port 2177

The scope of all these rules is local only.

I'll have to leave someone else to explain how you can add these to the firewall, as I'm not familiar with it.

Hope this helps.

• For DLNA based streaming you might need to consult your DLNA server documentation for any specific ports.

Generally you'll need to allow listening(incoming connections) to UDP port 1900 so your Xbox can detect your computer.

Port 80 is also usually used for http streaming, but the DLNA/UPnP specifications do not mandate any further ports, as these are negotiated between the player and the server and subject to individual product characteristics. You might find some useful information in your firewall logs about blocked applications listening to various ports.

If you are trying to use the Windows Media Player Network Sharing features, it appears you need to allow the following:

Any application - listening on TCP ports 2869, 10243

%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe - Listening on all UDP ports

%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe - Listening on TCP port 6

%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe - Listening on all UDP ports

%SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe - Listening on UDP ports 1900, 2177

%SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe - Listening on TCP port 2177

The scope of all these rules is local only.

I'll have to leave someone else to explain how you can add these to the firewall, as I'm not familiar with it.

Hope this helps.

I already have that as one of my rules; allowing all. STILL waiting for my support ticket to be handled. You would think that this would be a WIDELY used scenario...

post-182743-1406159892_thumb.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    @griswald88 if the issue persists, please post back your ticket ID so I can look into this matter.

• @griswald88 if the issue persists, please post back your ticket ID so I can look into this matter.

It certainly does, they just keep telling me to wait for a solution..been 11 days now.

Here are the ticket numbers I have been assigned (not sure why there are multiple):

• I have the same issues with being able to stream to the XBOX One since upgrading to Internet Security 2015 from the 2013 version.

I had to disable the firewall everytime for the playto features to work.

Has there been a resolution to this issue? I find it hard to believe that this case is not more common.