Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Eicar Test Files

Options

Since the installation of Bitdefender time to time I have two EICAR test files that are created in the temp folder of W7 64 bits.

Is there a way to inhibt this functionality?

It is a no use feature that can only generate false alarms.

Comments

• Since the installation of Bitdefender time to time I have two EICAR test files that are created in the temp folder of W7 64 bits.

Is there a way to inhibt this functionality?

It is a no use feature that can only generate false alarms.

That is very strange behavior. I have never seen it myself.
  • On the same computer I have Bitdefender and Outpost.

The EICAR files and other real virus alerts are popping up only since Bitdefender is installed.

Detection is more efficient (both anti-virus are detecting real virus) but the EICAR files in the tmp directory of Windows are enoying.

Does someone know how to remove the generatation of these EICAR files?

• On the same computer I have Bitdefender and :ph34r: .

The EICAR files and other real virus alerts are popping up only since Bitdefender is installed.

Detection is more efficient (both anti-virus are detecting real virus) but the EICAR files in the tmp directory of Windows are enoying.

Does someone know how to remove the generatation of these EICAR files?

Please take note*:

I believe that is the source of your problem. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition should run fine with a firewall <_< .

_________

*Follow the link for details!