Web Advisor Not Working No Tool Bar.

I'am useing firefox 32.0.1 google search engine .My wife is useing google chrome with google search engine.In setting I have web advisor check and the tool bar I don't see either. I do see the wallet and can use it. Can anyone had this problam like what was the soultion? I am also running malwarebtyes pro and allowed bitdefender C:bitdefender folder in malwarebytes.

Comments

• I turn off malwarebytes pro and did a repair install and now the web advisor showing but just circles blue contant.Also no tool bar

• I have found out it from malwarebytes pro running with it even if I allow it.

• I have found out it from malwarebytes pro running with it even if I allow it.

Yes, I have that program but only installed as the free version that I run occasionally. BD does recommend that you remove any security programs with real time scanning.

• @ JSTJ704

First of all please uninstall all other security solutions.

To view the toolbar open Bitdefender and click on Protection -> Web protection -> switch to ON the first slider for 'Show Bitdefender toolbar'.

Restart your web browser and access any website to test the result.

We are here for you should you require further assistance.

• ynivers
    edited October 2014

Hi, i am using Mozilla 33.0.2 and BD 2015, and WE PROTECTION is not working properly on mozilla,but it works fine on Chrome. I have reinstalled Mozilla, but didin't work. I am using Windows 8.1 64 bits. There is no other security sofware. Can you help me? Thanks a lot.

• Hi, i am using Mozilla 33.0.2 and BD 2015, and WE PROTECTION is not working properly on mozilla,but it works fine on Chrome. I have reinstalled Mozilla, but didin't work. I am using Windows 8.1 64 bits. There is no other security sofware. Can you help me? Thanks a lot.

Hello ynivers,

There have been a number of reports about this, some have no problems (like me), others cannot get it to work. I wonder if it is one of the add-ons that are used causing the problem so close Firefox and then open it in safe mode by Shift-Firefox shortcut, that will start it in safe mode with the add-ons disabled, see if that now shows the BD toolbar. If that works, enable the add-ons one at a time to find the culprit.

Ro.

• Well, thank you, but it didn't work. I hope they can fix it soon. Thanks.

• Well, thank you, but it didn't work. I hope they can fix it soon. Thanks.

By the way, I have tried something and that worked. I got to Programs and Resources, find BD icon and clic to repair. After that, Web Protection worked properly.

• Hi,

Search Advisor works for me within IE but not Firefox - would anyone know why?

I am on Win 8.1 64bit

Thanks

• Did some more testing. Search Advisor only works when not using SSL in Fireworks. So if I use http://www.google.co.uk it works but if I use https://www.google.co.uk, it does not work.

For IE it works using SSL and no SSL.

Does anyone else have this issue?

• @ JSTJ704

First of all please uninstall all other security solutions.

To view the toolbar open Bitdefender and click on Protection -> Web protection -> switch to ON the first slider for 'Show Bitdefender toolbar'.

Restart your web browser and access any website to test the result.

We are here for you should you require further assistance.

So - I've been browsing the forum looking for a solution to this problem. Found your reply. Sorry - but this does not work. I have attached a screenshot of my computer: no BD toolbar and you'll see Search Advisor is turned off - NOT by me! Every single day that I turn on my computer I have to open BD and 'turn ON' Search Advisor. It never stays on - day to day. Really annoying! Needs a fix. I use both Firefox 38.0.5 and Google chrome.

thanks

hondochica

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13754" data-fileid="13754" rel="">BD_screenshot.pdf

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi hondochica,

Your situation is most likely the result of Bitdefender Profiles.

As long as Bitdefender Profiles are active (Work Profile, Movie Profile, Game Profile), Search Advisor will turn off. Disable first Bitdefender Profiles (from Tools > Profiles > switch it OFF), then enable back Search Advisor (from Protection > Web Protection > Search Advisor > switch it ON ). Now check if Search Advisor no longer turns itself off.

• Hi hondochica,

Your situation is most likely the result of Bitdefender Profiles.

As long as Bitdefender Profiles are active (Work Profile, Movie Profile, Game Profile), Search Advisor will turn off. Disable first Bitdefender Profiles (from Tools > Profiles > switch it OFF), then enable back Search Advisor (from Protection > Web Protection > Search Advisor > switch it ON ). Now check if Search Advisor no longer turns itself off.

Thanks so much for replying Georgia. will give it a try.

Enjoy your day