Remove Antispam Toolbar From Outlook Express

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the Bitdefender antispam toolbar from Outlook Express?

I don't mean just turn it off, I want to remove it altogether.

I wrote to BD tech support and was sent a very unclear reply which seemed to suggest I reinstall.

Thanks!

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013

Hi convexmirror, and welcome :)

I know when I installed my BD IS, and I opened Thunderbird, it asked if I wanted to allow the Toolbar add on, in which case I could have denied it. So I'm not sure if you did a total uninstall, and then reinstalled BD, if you would get a Outlook Express pop up of allowing an add on? (maybe that's what Tech Support was implying) Did you get that option before? Sorry, I haven't used Outlook Express for awhile.

Otherwise, you can disable the Antispam module in Bitdefender, and in Outlook Express as was mentioned here, for the 2003 version. There is no ability to install only wanted modules with Bitdefender when installing, just some settings options. Otherwise, you would have to downgrade to the AV+, and use a 3rd party firewall.

Hope this helped in some way,

Scott

• Thanks Scott.

The post you linked me to says:

To view and disable COM Add-ins in Outlook 2003, navigate to:

“Tools->Other->Advanced Options->COM Add-ins…” and uncheck the Add-ins you do not need.

I don't know which Outlook this refers to. I'm running Microsoft Outlook Express 6, and under "Tools" there's no "Other" and no "Advanced options".

In the previous version of Bitdefender that I had, I could disable the antispam toolbar from the BD console.

Best,

John

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013

You're welcome, John :)

Thanks for posting back. I wasn't sure, so I thought I'd post that link just in case. Did you remember if you got a pop up from Outlook when you installed the 2013 version? Otherwise, the uninstall/reinstall option may help in not adding the BD Toolbar onto Outlook when you install BD, disable the Antispam option, then load Outlook and deny it if it requests a Toolbar add on to install. Others here may have some follow up thoughts.

Yes, there are some features missing from previous versions of BD, that were quite handy ^_^

Best to you, too,

Scott

• Hi,

My question about how to remove the BD 2013 antispam toolbar from Outlook Express (6) remains unresolved.

Tech support told me to re-install. I lost precious time, with no result.

In BD 2011, the toolbar disappeared when it was de-activated.

I'd appreciate any help, for example about which registry file to remove, since obviously the people at Bitdefender are not capable of designing a better solution to remove the toolbar.

Thanks

• Hi,

My question about how to remove the BD 2013 antispam toolbar from Outlook Express (6) remains unresolved.

Tech support told me to re-install. I lost precious time, with no result.

In BD 2011, the toolbar disappeared when it was de-activated.

I'd appreciate any help, for example about which registry file to remove.

Obviously the people at Bitdefender are not capable of designing a solution to remove the toolbar, or else they don't care.

Thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please be advised that what you are asking for is not possible due to Outlook Express limitations. Since Outlook Express does not have an add-on manager like Outlook has for example, when turning off Bitdefender Antispam, the toolbar remains visible in OE, but becomes grayed out.

Keep in mind that this is not a Bitdefender issue. Thank you for your understanding.