Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Don't Want Green Checkmarks On Good Links, Just Something For Bad Links

Options

Thank you BitDefender for telling me every link in my Google search is good with green checkmark, but that's really annoying and I already assume they're good. What I'd rather see is a notification of a bad URL, such as a red circle with a white X in it or something like that.

I don't know how to disable these checkmarks and just get something that indicates a URL is not good.

Comments

• Thank you BitDefender for telling me every link in my Google search is good with green checkmark, but that's really annoying and I already assume they're good. What I'd rather see is a notification of a bad URL, such as a red circle with a white X in it or something like that.

I don't know how to disable these checkmarks and just get something that indicates a URL is not good.

I do not get any check marks from Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. It will only block the addresses it considers bad while giving me the option to go into such risky pages. Note: If some portions of a page in a "safe" web address come from an "unsafe" address, such portions may be blocked without notification. However, links to "unsafe" sites are shown without any distinction.

• I do not get any check marks from Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. It will only block the addresses it considers bad while giving me the option to go into such risky pages. Note: If some portions of a page in a "safe" web address come from an "unsafe" address, such portions may be blocked without notification. However, links to "unsafe" sites are shown without any distinction.

I'm not sure what to say. I downloaded and installed it yesterday, did a Google search, and got green checkmarks on all result links.

I uninstalled it because it was running too slow on Windows 7.

Malwarebytes runs fine and even found things BitDefender didn't.

• I'm not sure what to say. I downloaded and installed it yesterday, did a Google search, and got green checkmarks on all result links.

I believe the check marks you see are a result of Bitdefender TrafficLight not Bitdender Antivirus Free Edition. This is an add-on available for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. I am unfamiliar with it. I read elsewhere this feature is called Search Advisor.

I do not notice any particular slowdowns in my computer due to Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. This Bitdefender provides excellent protection.

• Those checkmarks are definitely not coming from BD Free.

• Well fine if it's TrafficLight, whatever, I just downloaded and installed the free version of BitDefender from their site, it's as generic and straightforward as you can imagine, and there's the checkmarks.

My point (since everyone seems to have missed it), is that the checkmarks are useless, and I should instead see when there's a problem, since most things are fine all the time and that's what I expect anyways. These checkmarks are obnoxious and get in the way.

• ...What I'd rather see is a notification of a bad URL, such as a red circle with a white X in it or something like that. ...
    Well fine if it's TrafficLight, whatever, I just downloaded and installed the free version of BitDefender from their site, it's as generic and straightforward as you can imagine, and there's the checkmarks.

My point (since everyone seems to have missed it), is that the checkmarks are useless, and I should instead see when there's a problem, since most things are fine all the time and that's what I expect anyways. These checkmarks are obnoxious and get in the way.

I understand how those marks could be annoying. Since I have never used Bitdefender TrafficLight I imagine the effect of the marks would be like a change in the style of the page making the result of a search look like a bullet list.* I do not know how bad URLs would show in the list. I also prefer the simpler style, especially since it is what I am used to see.

*Is the search result something like this?

attach_ok.png:mellow:

attach_ok.png:huh:

attach_ok.png:o

attach_ok.png;)