A Restart Is Required

Hello, please could you post the change log for the latest 2014 range update when you have time to. It looked quite a big one from the list of files changed.

Ideally if you implemented my product suggestion and included this information within the progam itself so it is viewable in the event log you wouldn't have to then bother posting details each time on the forum.

Comments

• antikythera
    edited December 2014

I notice update information was posted for 2015 earlier today. Please continue sharing the same information for the 2014 range too Christian.

• I know patience is supposed to be a virtue. It has been over a week now though :rolleyes:

• another today. any information on either? <_<

• antikythera
    edited January 2015

I posted in the other thread about Total Security 2014 that the repeated restart issue I was experiencing with this latest update seems to have settled. Well it didn't and I have attempted to 'repair' the install. It looks like I will have to uninstall completely, use the removal tool and start from scratch.

Why is it you can't release a patch which doesn't render your products FUBAR every now and then?

Seriously you are testing the patience of saints. I am not short fused but this issue has been going on for far too long. I don't do anything odd to my installations or computers that would cause this issue.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

Antivirus Plus 2014 (rendered almost completely unresponsive after repair install and requested restart to 'complete' the process so I can't even give build number)

And NO I don't want to upgrade it to 2015.

• antikythera
    edited January 2015

Seriously what a PITA Bitdefender is becoming. After wasting my time running the uninstaller, followed by the removal tool it came up with another product key I did not recognise from my list and suspect is someone elses. Then consequently said I needed to renew on mybitdefender portal. So I had to delete that machine from the portal, change the product key to the right one and sign in again. The support option in the menu doesn't work. I emailed via the Bitdefender website which transmits all data over unsecure http protocol to tell them how annoyed I am but I doubt they will bother responding. They certainly don't read the 2014 Update section so won't see this either.

Give me strength. How can anyone be so lacklustre and careless in this day and age? Rhetorical, please do not answer...

I am wondering what the ###### I bothered re-installing for this time. At the end of the current subscription (if not before I will be going back to Kaspersky). At least they are more organised and reliable. I can live with their over bearing user nannying given this experience has soured my tolerance for Bitdefender as a *cough* trustworthy *cough* Company pretty much beyond the point of return now.

Yes your products and apparent lack of care, attention to detail have driven me to posting like this. Not something I am proud of or happy about. This will be a one off. I won't flood multiple threads. I just had to get this off my chest!

• My email was assigned ticket: 2015011111160001

Attached is what I now have after reinstalling and update applied requesting further restart. If I get prompted to restart once more today it is going to be permanently purged from existence...

post-147261-1420992033_thumb.png

• A timely response containing an apology came today.

Dear #';[]/&,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Cosmin Dumitru

Bitdefender Support Team

I'm happy with the acknowledgement and apology. If the feedback is taken on board then fair enough. It will benefit future customers.

• My question is in regards to all of the pending restart notifications i have received on my bitdefender dashboard. I currently have close to 200 clients requiring a reboot. I have contacted all of the companies to have the restart their machines but i was wondering if there is an automated way bitdefender can perform the task? I saw an option that seems to reboot the users pc for them but am a little unsure exactly how it works. Does anyone have any helpful information on how i can have users reboot their pcs without having to contact them all? Any response is appreciated, thanks!