Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To (temporarily) Turn Bitdefender Free Updates Off Or Update Manually?

Options

So... Bitdefender is a fine lightweight antivirus that doesn't make my old Windows laptop unusuable, but I have this problem:

I have to time windows updates and defrags to not coincide with a Bitdefender update. Because the last thing my laptop's slow hard-drive needs is Bitdefender starting an update when a windows update or a defrag is already in process.

Since Bitdefender checks for updates at 1-hour intervals, I just wait for an hour and some minutes to pass since the last bitdefender update, before starting a windows update or defrag. Which wastes time.

The question is:

How can I temporarily disable automatic updates for Bitdefender Free Edition? Or pernamently, I will not forget to re-enable it again.

How can I manually update Bitdefender Free Edition? (something like right-click on tray icon -> update)

I couldn't find any control in the interface to do the above to things. Any help?

Thank you.

PS: IMO Bitdefender should have a settings screen where we get to configure things such auto-updates on/off and update check intervals.

Comments

• Anybody?

An answer like "This is possible/not possible" would be greatly appreciated.

• Anybody?

An answer like "This is possible/not possible" would be greatly appreciated.

There is no control for users over the updates for Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. Of course there are circumstances that may prevent updates from happening: After the trial period, logging out the software from My Bitdefender should prevent updates while rendering the product useless. Certainly if you sever the Internet connection, that would effectively prevent any updates but still leave your protection active. I imagine it may be possible to simply block update.exe* from accessing Bitdefender's servers with a firewall, but I think this may be a bad idea.

*update.exe in Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition's folder downloads the updates, however it is not possible to update manually by simply running it.