Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Any Idea?

Options

Hi all,

Sorry to worry you, but I was just wondering when and if there will be a new program update to Bitdefender FREE Edition?

I have checked the forums and I can only see the current FREE version program (1.0.21.1099) was released and updated on the 24.10.2013.

I hope this great FREE Antivrius will receive a new look and update soon. :)

Thank you for reading and replying to my post.

Regards

the new one :)

Comments

• Hi all,

Sorry to worry you, but I was just wondering when and if there will be a new program update to Bitdefender FREE Edition?

I have checked the forums and I can only see the current FREE version program (1.0.21.1099) was released and updated on the 24.10.2013.

I hope this great FREE Antivrius will receive a new look and update soon. :)

Thank you for reading and replying to my post.

Regards

For this question I think the answer was given by:

Most likely next actual version update will coincide with Windows 10 release to manufacturers/general public release.
    I have to say that Dch48 reported using this antivirus with Windows 10 Preview and "...it works great...".

Anyway, since I have found no problem with Bitdefender's service I see no need for a change beyond the regular signature updates. Also, I like the overly simple interface, so I do not want it to change.

However, there could be minor corrections made to the interface. In particular, scan results in the LOGS may have a line stating:

Infected items detected:
    [a number greater than zero!]

because not being able to scan items in an encrypted file. For this reason I would use the word compromised (or perhaps simply suspicious) instead of infected on that line. Also, because of a post by Xerubium I am not clear if it is possible to restore a file with a pending cleanup status, but I have never encountered the need.

• For this question I think the answer was given by:

I have to say that Dch48 reported using this antivirus with Windows 10 Preview and "...it works great...".

Anyway, since I have found no problem with Bitdefender's service I see no need for a change beyond the regular signature updates. Also, I like the overly simple interface, so I do not want it to change.

However, there could be minor corrections made to the interface. In particular, scan results in the LOGS may have a line stating:

Infected items detected:
    [a number greater than zero!]

because not being able to scan items in an encrypted file. For this reason I would use the word compromised (or perhaps simply suspicious) instead of infected on that line. Also, because of a post by Xerubium I am not clear if it is possible to restore a file with a pending cleanup status, but I have never encountered the need.

Thank you so much graciliano for your reply, I really appreceiate it.

I wish that I had found Bitdefender Antivirus FREE, as this is A GREAT FREE AV.

I like the Interface, I was just wondering when the Program version would be released as the last program update was released in 2013.

Please understand that I am not complaining all I would like to do is help Bitdefender and the Bitdefender comunity that's if you will let me.:)

I am new to Bitdefender and the more I read and learn about Bitdefender the more I LOVE IT.:)

I LOVE the Bitdefender community and I also LOVE the fact that we are able to have live chats if we need it.

I have never found any other Antivirus provider that provides this kind of service. :):)

Thanks again.

Kind Regards