Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Login (windows Xp)

Options

So my dad is still running a windows xp computer and wanted a good but light antivirus. I installed Bitdefender, missing at the time the part that I needed to link an account to keep it active. It expired and now that I'm trying to link my account to it, I just keep getting "Error: The connection to the server has failed." Everything else online works fine. I can log in on the website, but that doesn't let me link that computer. Also, every 30 seconds or so it pops back up as it tries again and again to connect.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no change.

Comments

• The easiest way in this situation to create a new account to another mailbox and enter the data in the antivirus installed.

• That wouldn't work because I can't get the login page for the installed antivirus to load to enter /any/ account.

• That wouldn't work because I can't get the login page for the installed antivirus to load to enter /any/ account.

Did you run the Uninstall Tool found here (direct link) in the topic pinned at the top of this forum before reinstalling? In my experience (with Windows 8) that clears the trial period, so you get full trial when you reinstall. However I do not see how this would solve the issue of not connecting to the server. I have seen this problem brought before to this forum but I cannot recall a resolution.