Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Eicar Test Failure ?

Hi there.

I downloaded th EICAR test file and ran Bitdefender (Free version).

It did not detect any virus.

When I run Avast or System Centre EndPoint it found the virus.

I know the file is not a real virus...it is made available so people can test

their AV product.

Here is the text I saved into a file (I called it EICR.txt)

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

The point is I cannot upload this file, as System Centre Endpoint quarantines the

file as soon as I download it...which is good.

Is there a setting I should enable in Bitdefender ?? so that it can action the file

(ie remove, quarantine) etc ??

Comments

• antikythera
    edited February 2015

No the free version doesn't have settings. Instead of failure it should just deal with it automatically.

as unhelpful as it is in your instance, my BDAV deleted the text file as soon as I created it.

post-147261-1423693520_thumb.png

• No the free version doesn't have settings. Instead of failure it should just deal with it automatically.

as unhelpful as it is in your instance, my BDAV deleted the text file as soon as I created it.

Hi there.

Thanks for the help.

It actually did work.

I did not refresh the screen after I had created the file and let BD. do it's thing.

I saw the file was still there.

But, when I went to open in (with my grumpy face on), it said I did not have

permission.

When I refreshed the screen, the file had vanished and been quarantined.

So under BD I deleted the file.

My grumpy face was now a smiley face (grin)

All good.

Cheers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for reporting back. Many folks would not have admitted that they were mistaken, so I admire you for admitting a mistake on your part. I make a lot myself, so I am very familiar with having to eat my words.

BD gets a lot of negative press about their affiliation with Avangate and auto renewals. I stay with them because they do build a superior a/v product, and, at the end of the day, that is what you are purchasing: outstanding virus protection.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor