Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Has Stopped Working

I have Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition which I installed a few weeks ago on my laptop which has Windows 7 64 bit OS and my desktop which has the same OS. When Bitdefender starts running on either computer within 30 seconds I get a pop up window which states that Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Has Stopped Working and Bitdefender shuts down. I cannot understand why this is happening. I have version 1.0.21.1099 Both the Virus Shield and Autoscan are turned on. Attached is a screen shot of this message.

post-188698-1424038506_thumb.jpg

Comments

• I have Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition which I installed a few weeks ago on my laptop which has Windows 7 64 bit OS and my desktop which has the same OS. When Bitdefender starts running on either computer within 30 seconds I get a pop up window which states that Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Has Stopped Working and Bitdefender shuts down. I cannot understand why this is happening. I have version 1.0.21.1099 Both the Virus Shield and Autoscan are turned on. Attached is a screen shot of this message.

This is probably a problem with the interface. You may yet be protected by Bitdefender's service. You can check that by trying to download the anti-malware test-file from EICAR, European Institute for Computer Anti-Virus Research. If you are protected, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edtion would post a warning and block the download (if the address does not get blocked first by other means, e.g., by a firewall). Please make sure there is no other security solution running on the computers (any such software should be uninstalled). You may want to try repairing the software. I wish you good luck.