Ddos Protection?

I want to know if BDTS15 can automaticly block a incoming DDoS attack with firewall. If there isn't a feature about it I want to suggest if there can be one for ultimate protection :) it sounds greedy I am sorry :(

Comments

• I want to know if BDTS15 can automaticly block a incoming DDoS attack with firewall. If there isn't a feature about it I want to suggest if there can be one for ultimate protection :) it sounds greedy I am sorry :(

In short, no Bitdefender cannot protect you against a DDoS attack I'm afraid, your routers own firewall is usually no good either as the attacks are rather large.

You cant really prevent one, if you do fall victim to an attack your fist line of defence will be your ISP's own infrastructure, if the attack is big enough they'll just cut you off and renew your IP.

Hope this helps a little.

• In short, no Bitdefender cannot protect you against a DDoS attack I'm afraid, your routers own firewall is usually no good either as the attacks are rather large.

You cant really prevent one, if you do fall victim to an attack your fist line of defence will be your ISP's own infrastructure, if the attack is big enough they'll just cut you off and renew your IP.

Hope this helps a little.

It helps yes! But they say they can't do it! I was like wtf, you are my provider :(

• It helps yes! But they say they can't do it! I was like wtf, you are my provider :(

I see, that's usually the case with most IPS.

If you'd like to limit the risk of being DDoS'd then I would suggest the use of a VPN.

You can get browser extensions now that are really simple to setup and use. For example, DotVPN for Google Chrome.

My advice would be not to expose your IP to anyone who you suspect would engage in such activity.

Hope this helps :)

Best of luck!