Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Has Blocked A Page!

time to time i get "Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has blocked a page!" visiting certain webpages. Sometimes these are legit, but there are also false positive reports. I just want to disable this web protection but i cannot find the how to do it.

This is the best free AV i have had so far, but this really annoys me, please help me.

(sorry if my english isn't clear enough, this is not my vernacular language).

Comments

• time to time i get "Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has blocked a page!" visiting certain webpages. Sometimes these are legit, but there are also false positive reports. I just want to disable this web protection but i cannot find the how to do it.

This is the best free AV i have had so far, but this really annoys me, please help me.

(sorry if my english isn't clear enough, this is not my vernacular language).

No there is no separate control to just not protect you against bad web pages in Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. You may yet visit such pages* by pressing on:

I understand the risks, take me there anyway

However web content from such domains may be blocked without notice if it is referenced within webpages on other domains. Please submit any false positive to Bitdefender, there is a link for that on the top of this forum.

*Last time I accepted the risk after a warning, I received malware right away but fortunately, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition detected it an quarantined it locally immediately. I rarely encounter such pages, I much rarely would risk an infection.

• No there is no separate control to just not protect you against bad web pages in Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. You may yet visit such pages* by pressing on:

I understand the risks, take me there anyway

However web content from such domains may be blocked without notice if it is referenced within webpages on other domains. Please submit any false positive to Bitdefender, there is a link for that on the top of this forum.

*Last time I accepted the risk after a warning, I received malware right away but fortunately, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition detected it an quarantined it locally immediately. I rarely encounter such pages, I much rarely would risk an infection.

That not always works, and as you noted content from those sites will be blocked anyways, not just pages.

if it can't be disabled it is like just any other malware. So sad.

• That not always works, and as you noted content from those sites will be blocked anyways, not just pages.

if it can't be disabled it is like just any other malware. So sad.

Yes, I had witnessed third party material being blocked so that the viewer had to know something was missing to suspect anything got blocked. This was brought to my attention by posts in this forum by some that had such problem. There is a log file in the program's folder that keeps record of such events as anything else that gets blocked, so it is possible to find out the blocked third party's domain*, but I forgot the details.

Blocking malware domains is certainly the most efficient way to safeguard from infections. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gives you the option to navigate to sites it deems unsafe. However, as I said, it is possible that some content (e.g., a .css file) coming from a third party domain considered infected gets blocked without a clear signal of this action. For more than one year that has not bother me the least bit and I feel safer and less annoyed that way. But if I think that some third party site like youtube could be a false positive I understand why someone would think differently. It may be just slightly less secure to rely only on local detection. The desire for such option has been expressed already by some in this forum.

I insist: Please report any false positives that you know.

*A blocked third party domain can be unblocked by navigating directly to it.

• Yes, I had witnessed third party material being blocked so that the viewer had to know something was missing to suspect anything got blocked. This was brought to my attention by posts in this forum by some that had such problem. There is a log file in the program's folder that keeps record of such events as anything else that gets blocked, so it is possible to find out the blocked third party's domain*, but I forgot the details.

Blocking malware domains is certainly the most efficient way to safeguard from infections. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gives you the option to navigate to sites it deems unsafe. However, as I said, it is possible that some content (e.g., a .css file) coming from a third party domain considered infected gets blocked without a clear signal of this action. For more than one year that has not bother me the least bit and I feel safer and less annoyed that way. But if I think that some third party site like youtube could be a false positive I understand why someone would think differently. It may be just slightly less secure to rely only on local detection. The desire for such option has been expressed already by some in this forum.

I insist: Please report any false positives that you know.

*A blocked third party domain can be unblocked by navigating directly to it.

Nah i was just trying it, i will just get another AV paid protection and not Bitdefender's. I have my own job, i will not make anyone else job.

• graciliano
    edited February 2015
    Nah i was just trying it, i will just get another AV paid protection and not Bitdefender's. I have my own job, i will not make anyone else job.

You should try one of the new Bitdefender products.* There you will find the control you want. I, however, like the way the Bitdefender's Free Edition is set more than the paid version from another brand I was using before.

_________

*Did you know you get a free trial with any of those?

• You should try one of the new Bitdefender products.* There you will find the control you want. I, however, like the way the Bitdefender's Free Edition is set more than the paid version from another brand I was using before.

_________

*Did you know you get a free trial with any of those?

bitdefender looks too shady for me right now, i don't feel confident about it.

• bitdefender looks too shady for me right now, i don't feel confident about it.

Bitdefender is one of the best Antivirus programs on the market, could you explain what you mean by "shady"?

Ro.

• Bitdefender is one of the best Antivirus programs on the market, could you explain what you mean by "shady"?

Ro.

Those words should not come from someone seeking help with this product. Especially since Bitdefender Wins 'Product of the Year' in Independent Testing.

• Those words should not come from someone seeking help with this product. Especially since Bitdefender Wins 'Product of the Year' in Independent Testing.

Sorry, should have said, it may had been a bad word choice since alebilox warned in the first message English is not eir* vernacular language.

________

*his or her