Crash After Alt Tab

Hi there,

The program keeps crashing when i alt tab out of games (Counter Strike 1.6, League of Legends and World of Tanks). It seems to happen at a 100% crash rate. It is not a big deal, given the fact that i can just restart the program, but i would guess that this is not how it should work.

Is there a fix to this? Should i be doing or not doing something to prevent this?

Comments

• Hi there,

The program keeps crashing when i alt tab out of games (Counter Strike 1.6, League of Legends and World of Tanks). It seems to happen at a 100% crash rate. It is not a big deal, given the fact that i can just restart the program, but i would guess that this is not how it should work.

Is there a fix to this? Should i be doing or not doing something to prevent this?

Can't edit any more so:

Specs: Windows 7 Professional 64Bit, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.21.1099 .

• Hi there,

I believe it is just the interface crashing. The interface does not have be running to be protected by Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. You may simply want to Exit it before playing your game (you cannot actually Exit the antivirus service!). You restart the interface through the Start menu or Bitdefender's icon on the desktop (I am sure you have been doing that already). I repeat, you are still protected even when the interface had stopped (or chashed!). You can check you are still protected after the crash with the EICAR anti-malware test file (direct link). If you do not want to download it, you can simply open notepad and copy in it the following text (nothing else, no spaces, nor new lines):

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

When you save it in a file, it should be quarantined immediately.* Quarantined files have an extension like .######.gzquar with digits replacing the #s and remain in place.

*Suggestion: You can create a text file now inserting a space between the fist two characters of the test-file:

X 5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

When you have a crash, open the file with notepad, delete the space between the X and the 5, and save it. Then, verify it it is quarantined.

• Yes, the program is still running as a service. So it's more of a annoyance that anything else.

As i googled the problem, it seams that this is a old problem. Hope it will be fixed soon.

• Yes, the program is still running as a service. So it's more of a annoyance that anything else.

As i googled the problem, it seams that this is a old problem. Hope it will be fixed soon.

• Right-click on the notification area (system tray) icon and Exit is equivalent to turning on game mode for this antivirus :)

• Starting this antivirus interface through the Start Menu or Bitdefender's Desktop icon is equivalent to turning game mode off.