Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

But Is Bitdefender Crazy?

Hi, I'm sorry for my expression but I'm getting problems and I hope for someone can give me some suggestions. I have the last version of BitDefender and in "Program" folder (I use Win 7 x64) I have a file.exe that BitDefender sees how a worm.

I need that BitDefender doesn't scan it. I have gone to the ""Excluded files and folder" page and I have added that file. Then also on "you Excluded processes" I have added that file.exe. But BitDefender always sees it and wants to delete it. When I need to scan "C" disk and I do a click with right button of my mouse, then I do a click on "Scan with BitDefender", Bitdefender always finds that file again and wants to cancel it.

Perhaps I'm a idiot and not Bitdefender because I don't know as I have to configure it. But this problems is giving me stress.

Will I have to change antivirus? I am very angry! Thanks x some pleasant info.

Comments

• Hi there,

The exclusions present in the product do not apply to contextual scans (right click and scan) but to full system scans or on access detections for example.

This information is also present in the user's guide at page 106.

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...serGuide_en.pdf

Exclusions will NOT apply for contextual scanning. Contextual scanning is a type of on-demand scanning: you right-click the file or folder you want to scan and select Scan with Bitdefender.

• Hi there,

The exclusions present in the product do not apply to contextual scans (right click and scan) but to full system scans or on access detections for example.

This information is also present in the user's guide at page 106.

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...serGuide_en.pdf

Exclusions will NOT apply for contextual scanning. Contextual scanning is a type of on-demand scanning: you right-click the file or folder you want to scan and select Scan with Bitdefender.

I am having the same issue, can you perhaps tell us how to prevent bitdefender from automatically deleting files even though we have them as a exclusion?

• can you perhaps tell us how to prevent bitdefender from automatically deleting files even though we have them as a exclusion?

Did you try selecting "move files to quarantine"?

post-176520-1426864717_thumb.jpg

• Did you try selecting "move files to quarantine"?

Yes, I have tried that. I even tried excluding the exe extension.

• Hi, I'm sorry for my expression but I'm getting problems and I hope for someone can give me some suggestions. I have the last version of BitDefender and in "Program" folder (I use Win 7 x64) I have a file.exe that BitDefender sees how a worm.

I need that BitDefender doesn't scan it. I have gone to the ""Excluded files and folder" page and I have added that file. Then also on "you Excluded processes" I have added that file.exe. But BitDefender always sees it and wants to delete it. When I need to scan "C" disk and I do a click with right button of my mouse, then I do a click on "Scan with BitDefender", Bitdefender always finds that file again and wants to cancel it.

Perhaps I'm a idiot and not Bitdefender because I don't know as I have to configure it. But this problems is giving me stress.

Will I have to change antivirus? I am very angry! Thanks x some pleasant info.

If you are scanning by using right-click and running the contextual scan, Bitdefender will scan all files even if they are in the excluded list. You should not need to do this - Bitdefender will scan the drive as needed when the computer is idle. When it performs its regular scans, the files that are listed as excluded will be ignored.